MaDPaT's "What I Learned" Thread

I liked MaDPaT's "what I learned" thread, but it was eaten by the unfortunate circumstance monster. What other things have you guys learned?

I learned some good stuff, like:

-TAM does a body good. But, like milk, if you don't use it enough it won't do you any good. (Thanks Dark)

-Find non-traditional heckbender spots with limited entry points, and you'll rack up the frags. (Pat and Dingy have found some good ones).

-Spam is good. But spam smartly (mini, flak from a distance, etc. But don't just throw random rockets unless there are 3 or 4 guys charging you and you're in a hallway). Sometimes it works for people, and there's nothing you can do about them. It really annoys the vets that think it doesn't take skill, but I think pride keeps them from being better players. If even vets can't avoid the attack, then it's pretty dang effective. (Thanks random noobs)

-Along the same lines, pride is a HUGE detriment to becoming a better player. If you only pick servers where you win all the time, you'll end up getting REALLY ticked on Nep, SCK's server, etc. (thanks GC and GC regs)

Some things I'd like to learn are FK's strategies... tactically speaking, he's always been two steps ahead of everyone else. HOW? Teach us your secrets!

And Bush, how do you practice your aim?

All you need to do is spec FK for about 3 months and you will see what he does.

FK moves...FK knows all maps...FK knows vehic and weapon spawn points...When server is crowded, FK will move constantly in manta, and will take down nodes and start nodes, then move on...constantly crushing me err, noobs when they aren't looking and are defending nodes from him or trying to take down the 1/2 full nodes he started 20 sec ago.

Oh, and like Wentz, Cannon, Bush, and Dark, FK will throw shock balls around, switch weapons and spam you, then light up a combo on your butt...if that don't work, while you're avoiding the combo, he will headshot you with the lightening gun he knew just where to pick up at node x.

That's what I've learned...

To answer your question.

I liked MaDPaT's "what I learned" thread, but it was eaten by the unfortunate circumstance monster. What other things have you guys learned?

I learned some good stuff, like:

-TAM does a body good. But, like milk, if you don't use it enough it won't do you any good. (Thanks Dark)

-Find non-traditional heckbender spots with limited entry points, and you'll rack up the frags. (Pat and Dingy have found some good ones).

-Spam is good. But spam smartly (mini, flak from a distance, etc. But don't just throw random rockets unless there are 3 or 4 guys charging you and you're in a hallway). Sometimes it works for people, and there's nothing you can do about them. It really annoys the vets that think it doesn't take skill, but I think pride keeps them from being better players. If even vets can't avoid the attack, then it's pretty dang effective. (Thanks random noobs)

-Along the same lines, pride is a HUGE detriment to becoming a better player. If you only pick servers where you win all the time, you'll end up getting REALLY ticked on Nep, SCK's server, etc. (thanks GC and GC regs)

Some things I'd like to learn are FK's strategies... tactically speaking, he's always been two steps ahead of everyone else. HOW? Teach us your secrets!

Thanks for the praise Unclean

How come I keep finding you on demo servers but then you come to our server and kick butt?

I have no idea what you mean. I guess I usually practice my aim usually somewhere between 8-11 pm on Nep or SCK.

How come I keep finding you on demo servers but then you come to our server and kick butt?

I have no idea what you mean. I guess I usually practice my aim usually somewhere between 8-11 pm on Nep or SCK.

I think Unclean means "how do you zero in to hit people so fast. Do you get into a meditative state while aiming or have mouse brain interface for accuracy? Do you anticipate the direction of opponent motion to aim ahead of point? Or do you follow with mouse at a level to opponent while dodging and when individual cross line of sight you fire? Do you position yourself a specific way when firing at someone in relation to where you are holding mouse on mousepad? Do you control your aim, through direction keys or mouse movement or what combination percent. Can you tell I am interested :luxhello: ?

I myself have a 1 inch square in center of my mouse pad that I have improved accuracy at distance targets. It is a hand eye kind of thing. If guy hides behind tree then dodges or double dodges to left or right into open while I am waiting probability is he will get hit. I tend to run backwards from people when engaging lethal players to increase distance and make them position themselves in my 1 inch mouse square. Not good when attacking to give up ground but need to do that with better players like you guys. The T5k guys last night got alot of hitscan hits on me. The speed was like I see them, they see me, they shoot me dead with lightning gun before my mouse even moves.

On a side note Bushwack, I notice you use flak balls most of the time instead of shards due to more splash though shards are a splash in a particular direction (I should use flak more I tend to be shocker intensive). How do you judge when to use which?

I think Unclean means "how do you zero in to hit people so fast. Do you get into a meditative state while aiming or have mouse brain interface for accuracy? Do you anticipate the direction of opponent motion to aim ahead of point? Or do you follow with mouse at a level to opponent while dodging and when individual cross line of sight you fire? Do you position yourself a specific way when firing at someone in relation to where you are holding mouse on mousepad? Do you control your aim, through direction keys or mouse movement or what combination percent. Can you tell I am interested :luxhello: ?

On a side note Bushwack, I notice you use flak balls most of the time instead of shards due to more splash though shards are a splash in a particular direction (I should use flak more I tend to be shocker intensive). How do you judge when to use which?

I have to say your over analyzing this one Madpat. It's like AOL, just point and click.

When my connection is lagging I use the flak cannon a lot. For close range, flak shards seem best but at medium distances I lob a ball. (Playing Worms World Party has paid off) Oh yeah balls are best if they land in their face.

How to stop bush from killing you with flak:

If he's got it out, dont dodge. He waits for you to dodge, then puts it where you're going to go. It's a habitual thing. It's hard to NOT dodge, but he'll catch on really quick and start nailing you where you are. It's at this point that you dodge.

Moral of the story is, if it's a hitscan weapon, dodge (but usually not with the extra jump). If it's a spam weapon, wait for him to shoot.

GL and happy hunting!

Thanks for info Dark. Will remember. I dodge too much when Bush has flak out. Will remember when to jump and when not too.

Surprisingly, after "over analyzing" target acquisition, I put my talk where my mouse was last night. My accuracy was a couple of notches above what it normally was. My hits were mostly with shocker and lightning gun. First couple of times I believed it was luck but got a little nervous when I kept hitting people like Lex and Bush. That never happens. Of course they got sick of it and did each did a "Kill Pat drive" which almost always succeeded. Must have been a full moon with right ping, hand eye coordination, and opponents low on health. I will probably suck tonight.

Got to use flak more often when in close.