STACKING

3vil

I would like to propose we try taking away the choice to pick teams one night to see just how even the teams can be.I always auto,every time i join.I feel that it is the only way to truly have a real way to make people play fair.

I've seen the way this works in Mani. Once you've been assigned to a side, you're stuck there. You can't do auto-assign again to get onto the other team. You can't join spec and then do auto-assign to get onto the other team. You can't reconnect to the server and then do auto-assign to get onto the other team. Auto team balance will not move you onto the other team.

What would happen is this: one side starts losing, and a few players quit. Now they're down a couple of players, and Mani will actually prevent anyone from joining the losing team, even though they have less players. An admin would now be required just to make teams numerically equal.

I feel there is quite a bit of team-stacking on retrocedence.

The admins aren't forcing players over, and regulars are not volunteering their skill towards the other team.

Granted I'm not speaking for everyone, and do not be insulted if you are one of the few that goes out of your way everyday for an even gaming experience... But many of us are not doing enough to fix this.

Get in admin chat, you members. Tell everyone in there "Hey, I think these teams are unfair. Let's switch over player1 to CT."

It goes a long way.

Have a nice day :hihi:

The only plugin i couldn't get working right was the afk manager.. The rest of them work well though. I haven't tried the team balance since we don't care about it on our pub (^N602 pub). I just love how relatively easy they are to install and manage. :)

i'd love to give that a try, but i know some on retro/recrud weren't as open to the idea of a 3rd party teambalancer.

That kind of plugin is a terrible idea.

yer always so blunt ;)

What if you want to switch and fix the teams?

same thing that would happen if you try to balance a numerically imbalanced team. srcds teambalance won't let you change teams with a +/- 3 player difference. most 3rd parties allow you to set that number, too. i can't say for sure this one does, but it'd be worth checking out.

Us "good" UT players always even teams by skill (well, more like almost always). I think to solve the problem you need to come play some ons with us...

+1 to that.

Most of the time, I'll switch to the losing side to see if we can flip a map. Sometimes we can, and that's a great feeling. But there are also times when I just get steamrolled with everyone else. Then I repress those memories like all the others.

I would like to propose we try taking away the choice to pick teams one night to see just how even the teams can be.I always auto,every time i join.I feel that it is the only way to truly have a real way to make people play fair.

Auto is silly. I expect the better players try to even themselves out. Ie, it doesn't make sense to have ZD, Nuggz, NorgmaN, M2, etc. all on the same team; and if you wanted to stack, its easy to wait and see which side you'd be on before you auto. Further, when you join, and say the teams are like:

T: 10 ppl, score 4

CT: 12 ppl, score 1

Auto will put you on T, and possibly increase the stack. Pressing Tab might make you decide you should stack CT some more; but maybe the problem has already been fixed and you'd be overstacking CT. I usually watch the current game a bit and then pick a side accordingly. Unless I decide not to play, in which case I auto and F10 since spectate isn't always an available option. If the map is new I usually pick the hard side.

I don't think there is an easy fix for stacking. It does happen for sure. One would hope people would police themselves and spread out the talent pool evenly, but that just isn't happening. I really hope some type of change is implemented because the current system for Retro just aint working.

Edited by Uncle Fester

Or give the admin the cohones to grab the few people doing this and switch em on their own and if they don't like it they can leave. I recorded 3 maps in a row on this particular night that sparked this topic and its a few people that don't need named If your in this community and you cant figure out its not about you yet? Go away :P. If an addy moves them and they go back kick em.

Auto is silly. I expect the better players try to even themselves out. Ie, it doesn't make sense to have ZD, Nuggz, NorgmaN, M2, etc. all on the same team; and if you wanted to stack, its easy to wait and see which side you'd be on before you auto. Further, when you join, and say the teams are like:

Auto will put you on T, and possibly increase the stack. Pressing Tab might make you decide you should stack CT some more; but maybe the problem has already been fixed and you'd be overstacking CT. I usually watch the current game a bit and then pick a side accordingly. Unless I decide not to play, in which case I auto and F10 since spectate isn't always an available option. If the map is new I usually pick the hard side.

you have broken my heart

you have broken my heart

Me too...

How could you forget the #1 player?!?!!?

http://gcftw.stats2.nuclearfallout.net/

Or give the admin the cohones to grab the few people doing this and switch em on their own and if they don't like it they can leave. I recorded 3 maps in a row on this particular night that sparked this topic and its a few people that don't need named If your in this community and you cant figure out its not about you yet? Go away :P. If an addy moves them and they go back kick em.

last night i did switch nuggz to ct on lost temple. You were playing, the map ended like 10-9 or something. Oh forgot you called the whole server douchbags on the mic and left around the 7th round.

Yes I did lose my temper I was drinking. No excuse. I lost my temper and new it was time to leave. I would like to point out I did not start this topic either. My leaving and saying that had nothing to do with the situation. I was being picked on and because of my intoxication was unable to ignore it. Once again I appoligise to everyone. If you would like to start a topic on how I am a big baby please do so elsewhere but it has nothing to do with this subject. I was on recording later after you left. I was recording trying to catch people cheating. Instead I caught all of the dialog on this subject and the attitudes that were given to others when they told people to try and even teams up. Believe it or not M2 i did not say one word during this disscusion i came back with a different name and stayed off the mic because I was disapointed I let that word out on the mic.