Bragging and Benchmarking

ZeroDamage

This thread is dedicated to those who wish to show off pictures of their machine and for those who wish to brag about how their high 3DMark score.

The old threads are posted below but from now on, post your scores and pictures here. We will keep a running tally of the highest 3DMark and PCMark score here in this post. As new speed demons show us their power, we will recognize them here. Standard resolution and settings are a requirement.

3DMARK Master:

PCMark Master:

Here is the old 3DMark thread: Old Benchmarking thread

Old "Your Rig" thread (pictures of your gaming setup): Old Pictures of Rig thread.

• 3 weeks later...

Processor Intel Core 2 2667 MHz

Physical / Logical CPUs 1 / 2

MultiCore 2 Processor Cores

HyperThreading N/A

Graphics Card NVIDIA GeForce 8800 GTX

Graphics Driver NVIDIA GeForce 8800 GTX

Co-operative adapters No

DirectX Version 9.0c

System Memory 3328 MB (This is 2x 2GB GSkill Ram that I'm guessing XP doesn't see as 4GB).

Disk Space 239.37 GB

Motherboard Manufacturer ASUSTeK Computer INC.

Motherboard Model StrikerExtreme

Operating System Microsoft Windows XP

Everything currently running completely stock:

3DMark06 - 11271

Will probably OC a little this weekend and see what score it turns up.

Edit: ran it again with a couple of processes shut down.

Edit2: downloaded the 163.71 nvidia forceware drivers

Edited by Leveller

• 2 months later...

Well, updated the 1.5 year old 7900 GT superclocked KO to a

8800GT superclocked (core @650 and memory @ 1900).

So, with:

Athlon X2 4800+ @ 2.64ghz

3.0 gb DDR

Asus A8N32-sli deluxe

OCZ 600W psu

Audigy SB2 zs platinum

Win XP

NVidia 169.02

I have 3DMark05 of 14775 (up from 9925)

Crysis GPU bench (all settings medium, no AA, no AF, 1680 x 1050) at 44.18 (up from 20.62)

That is all so far.

But I can say that I am pleased with the graphical improvements.

I will run F.E.A.R. and 3DMark06 as soon as I get them installed.

Just to show where I'm at compared to Tek:

3Dm05 - 14686 (up from 10391) with everything at stock (including cpu and ram).

That's 2.4 cpu and 800mhz ram. Once I get to OC'ing when exams are done my 06 and 05 scores will be much better. I think 1ghz makes a big difference :)

Yeah, I did 06 last week when I got my card, but yesterday I installed xp on the two raptors tek sent me in raid 0 (<3 tek) and dont have it on here. 06 is the old new one, so there's a newer one out? 3dguru.com?

Oh, and in 06 I think I got around 11k, but that's WAY off the top of my head. I could be off by 2k.

05 is ancient. i only know 06 scores. has anyone run the new one yet? i've been holding off cause apparently it takes like an hour and a half or more.

05 is "ancient" simply because 06 exists...that doesn't mean the scores are irrelevant.

I've read a number of times that 05 is actually a better strict test of GPU power, as 06 relies too heavily on physics and particles in test that make the GPU results more heavily-dependent on the power of the CPU.

Since, I kept the same CPU and I'm not uber cool with the core2, I feel that my scores are a very good indication of my increased performance.

meh

05 is ancient. i only know 06 scores. has anyone run the new one yet? i've been holding off cause apparently it takes like an hour and a half or more.

05 is "ancient" simply because 06 exists...that doesn't mean the scores are irrelevant.

I've read a number of times that 05 is actually a better strict test of GPU power, as 06 relies too heavily on physics and particles in test that make the GPU results more heavily-dependent on the power of the CPU.

Since, I kept the same CPU and I'm not uber cool with the core2, I feel that my scores are a very good indication of my increased performance.

meh

i find 05 is quite cpu dependant. 06 is more of an overall indicator of gaming performance.

by the new one i'm referring to the new pcmark not 3dmark. pcmark vantage it's called. seems like an excellent overall system performance indicator.

oh and has anyone tried lightsmark 2007? comparing those scores would be cool.

3DMark 06: 10056

Lightsmark 2007: avg 171.5 FPS @ 1280x1024

PCMark Vantage: 3646

I tried 3DMark 05 but it crashed everytime trying too load the second test, so I gave up on it.

Athlon 6000+

EVGA 8800 GTX

MSI K9A Platinum

4GB (4x1GB) DDR800 RAM

Creative X-Fi XtremeMusic

Thermaltake Toughpower 750W PSU

Windows Vista 64-bit

Nvidia 163.75 Drivers.

Nothing O/Ced.

Edit: O/Ced card to 650/1523/2000.

3DMark 06 went to 10409 and Lightsmark 2007 went to 178.8 avg FPS...

Edited by VooDooPC

i find 05 is quite cpu dependant. 06 is more of an overall indicator of gaming performance.

by the new one i'm referring to the new pcmark not 3dmark. pcmark vantage it's called. seems like an excellent overall system performance indicator.

oh and has anyone tried lightsmark 2007? comparing those scores would be cool.

I have not found that 05 is CPU dependent.

In Exemplar:

With cpu @ 2.53 ghz with my 7900GT, i got 9826 overall and 6010 on cpu (running dual core).

With cpu @ 2.6 ghz, I got 9925 (ok a jump) but cpu score was 5194 (single core)...hmmmm

With cpu next run (dual core) @ 2.6 ghz, I got 9908 and cpu score = 7320...

So...with the next run, I up the fsb and @ 2.64 ghz, I get 9903 and cpu + 6461...What we see here is a consistent GPU score (delta is < 3%) but a CPU that is all over the place

Now the switch to the new 8800GT

CPU @ 2.64 ghz I get two in a row that are 14775, but one is cpu = 6459 and the other is gpu = 7521.

Consistent vid scores and cpu that is all over the place.

That tells me that the graphics side of 05 is really a tell all of my graphics core.

I will post 06 results later.

• 2 weeks later...
PCMark Vantage 32 bit

3913 - 57%

This is at 2.8 minor overclock, stock gpu. I'll OC it more this break, then try it again. Took less than 25 minutes to complete.

i have yet to run this. i should soon though. is it fun to watch?

Nifty keen! Unless thats 100 out of a 1000... then not so much. Otherwise well done heh :)

Bah, you see right through me! :P

100% - fix't. Unfortunately it was an Education class, not a math. Still helps the gpa though!

Cujo, you download vantage yet? I'll try lightscribe or lightsmark or whatever it's called next week.