Bragging and Benchmarking

ZeroDamage

sick system ben. you'd better be at fragfest next year to show it off.

dark, i've had vantage installed for a while. just haven't run it. i have run lightsmark but i don't recall the final fps. i'll post up once you guys do. just to make sure my pride isn't too hurt.

sick system ben. you'd better be at fragfest next year to show it off.

dark, i've had vantage installed for a while. just haven't run it. i have run lightsmark but i don't recall the final fps. i'll post up once you guys do. just to make sure my pride isn't too hurt.

Pffft you have an 8800 GTX an a cpu at 3.3 if I remember correctly, with 4GB or ram. You should be just fine :P you chicken.

New system is built!!

Asus P5K Deluxe WiFi

Core 2 Quad Q6600 OC'd to 3.0 GHz

4 GB OCZ DDR2 6400

750 watt PS

AC Freezer 7 Pro cooler

Evga 8800GT SSC

3DMark06 = 13416

PCMark05 = 9495

PCMark Vantage = 4436

Is that single 8800GT?....

Hmmmm...Cujo...since he and I have same GPU, almost same amt of ram his 06 score is almost 50% above mine...

what a diff, and core 2 quad makes????

like I said, 3dmark06 is heavily cpu dependent...

core 2 quad vs. my athlon dually....

no contest...nice system Ben

Edited by Tek-Almighty

it's more core 2 duo vs. athlon 64 technology. but ya quad helps big time. the finally score is very cpu dependant but also very gpu dependant. if you were to change your gpu setup by say getting sli, you'd notice a similar improvement.

tek- what was your 06 score?

Im anxious to see it as your rig is similar to mine and Id like to see the jump after going 8800gt.

I ran about the same scores as you with an OCd 7900gt in 05 (Hi 9s to low 10s)

Opteron 165 @2.75Ghz ( 2.93 tested)

2 gig OCZ xtc ddr500

7900gt at 555/1600

Nvidia 169.09

Biostar T-Force SLI 939

AMD 3800+ X2 @ 2.4

1gig Kingston HyperX

BFG 8800 GT 512mb

3DMark 2005 13059

3DMark 2006 8789

Lightsmark 241.0

No bragging here just benchmarking :prplwacko: but I think it provides a good bang for the buck. My mobo is a 2 years old now and my memory is 3. Last spring I upgraded the CPU for $80 and picked up the 8800 GT last month for $220. I figure this spring I'll make the jump to Intel.

that's pretty nice Bushwack. Just shows that all the new stuff that has come out, isn't light years ahead of what has been tried and true. Another example of this is the differences you see from the gt 512 and the gts 512... averaging 3 to 5 frames better only. Why bother releasing the card then, I guess?

bush, i'd throw a second gig of ram in there. you're no doubt limited in most games with only 1gb especially with such a powerful vid card. that is unless you play at 1024x768 or something but it would be a huge waste with a card like that. you can find a gig of ddr for less than $50.

bush, i'd throw a second gig of ram in there. you're no doubt limited in most games with only 1gb especially with such a powerful vid card. that is unless you play at 1024x768 or something but it would be a huge waste with a card like that. you can find a gig of ddr for less than $50.

Hey Cujo. I am playing all my games at 1680x1050 (native rez on my 22") and I haven't noticed any swap file usage unless I'm playing the Crysis demo on high settings (which isn't really playable anyway with my current vid card/cpu). I don't plan on buying Crysis. I am currently playing Heroes of Might and Magic V (yes this is a visual intensive game but on max I have no SF usage) ,TF2 on max but still no SF usage and UT3 and still no SF usage while in game. Yes I am borderline but the games I'm playing run my system up till the 800 or 900mb mark but not over. Regular DDR is not cost effective unless you ship a meg to my house for free. :prplwacko: Yes I will pay for shipping. I can make it for another few more months till I upgrade my core system. (regular DDR ram is not cost effective right now) Yes I'm thinking Intel Q9300, I can wait.

Hey Cujo. I am playing all my games at 1680x1050 (native rez on my 22") and I haven't noticed any swap file usage unless I'm playing the Crysis demo on high settings (which isn't really playable anyway with my current vid card/cpu). I don't plan on buying Crysis. I am currently playing Heroes of Might and Magic V (yes this is a visual intensive game but on max I have no SF usage) ,TF2 on max but still no SF usage and UT3 and still no SF usage while in game. Yes I am borderline but the games I'm playing run my system up till the 800 or 900mb mark but not over. Regular DDR is not cost effective unless you ship a meg to my house for free. :prplwacko: Yes I will pay for shipping. I can make it for another few more months till I upgrade my core system. (regular DDR ram is not cost effective right now) Yes I'm thinking Intel Q9300, I can wait.

that's bizarre as i noticed even in css at 1600x1200 i had an improvement going to 2gb as i was definitely paging out. that was on an older x800xt pe with 4x aa and 16x af on. playing graw 1 also pretty much required 2gb for smooth performance with any settings and it came out 2 years ago. you must have an incredibly optimized system with no background tasks what-so-ever to not swap out in crysis or tf2. i'm assuming you're turning up all the in game options and putting aa and af on as you should be with that card.

personally, i'm waiting for the q9450. it'll have an 8x multi and be not much more priced than the next one down.

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

*Intel E2160 775 w/ Arctic Freezer 7 Pro [$73/$22]

*Abit IP35-E socket 775 (P35) [$93]

*OCZ Reaper HPC 2x 2gb DDR2 5-5-5-18 (OCZ2RPR8004GK) [$101]

BFG 8800 GT OC 512mb PCI-E (625/1800)

Hercules Fortissimo III sound

Leadtek Winfast TV 2000 Deluxe tuner

*Western Digital Caviar SE16 WD5000AAKS 500GB 7200 RPM 16MB Cache SATA 3.0Gb/s [$96]

IBM Deskstar 75GXP PATA 80gig 8mb (backup)

*Samsung Black 20X DVD [$30]

Antec Smart Power 2.0 500w power supply

*Antec Nine Hundred case [$100]

ASUS VW222U 22" 2ms(GTG) Widescreen LCD Monitor 1680x1050

*denotes new parts

3DMark06 11212

PCMark05 7727

I have the E2160 clocked up from 1.8 to 3.0ghz at stock volts. Ran Orthos for 1 hour with no errors and core temp hit 51C. For now I have all 4 of the Antec fans on low, nice quiet system. I'm running the 8800GT stock for right now.

The 500w PS is doing a fine job. Even after playing TF2 for an hour the PS fans are barely turning and luke warm air spitting out. A case with the PS on the bottom makes good sense to me.

Maybe the E8400 I ordered (on back order) will come in a week or two, till then I'm having fun with the cheap little E2160. At 3.0ghz its a pretty snappy, a good bit faster then my old 3800+ X2 @ 2.4ghz. In about a week I'll see how far I can take it.

Hmm, here is what I got with my current set up. Don't know how it stands up with similar setups. I'm kind of disappointed on my cpu results.

This is my current setup. I just noticed that it's only showing one physical cpu and two logical ones...that should be two physical cores and four logical cpus. Gonna have to figure out why that is. Any ideas how to fix this would be great. I'll post my PCMark score later.

System Specs:

http://www.vi4l.com/dweezil/systeminfo/SI.xml

3dMark06:

2x7800gtdefaultresry8.th.jpg

***ADDED***

Ok, this proves to me that my cpu is using the wrong HAL or something. It's suggesting I get an E6700...I currently have an E6750.

PCMark05:

2x7800gtpcmark05defaultrl8.th.jpg

##############################

##############################

New benchmarks with the 8800GTX

3dMark06:

8800gtxdefaultresxi0.th.jpg

PCMark05:

8800gtxpcmark05defaultrrf7.th.jpg

Edited by dwEEziL

• 2 weeks later...

I use RivaTuner as well. I actually have several monitoring/tweaking tools that I have. I find out some are more reliable in some areas than others. There's another really nice gpu util that I think is named PowerStrip. Not sure if it's still being developed though. I'm still waiting for someone else to take up the mantle of MBM and get it back up to date.

All stock with no OCing

What the heck is going on here? I have a lowly E2160 o/c @ 3.0 with a default clock 8800GT and somehow i bested your 3dmark score. Your even running your memory bus clocked higher then mine with a lower latency.

Lemme guess, your running Vista. The magical operating system that turns your $200 CPU into a $70 one.

I'm still waiting for my E8400 to be shipped. Would it even be worth getting? I might just bump up my lil' pentium up another bin (been running at 3.1ghz no prob for a week now).