Bragging and Benchmarking

ZeroDamage

(edited)

here's my latest 3dmark 06 score. i've started ocing my vid card. first try i'm at 621/1512/1998 core/shader/mem.

hmm, of course. imageshack is down right now. i'll post screeny later. goin to do more runs.

edit - here's the screeny.

3dmark06ocedgpuwc2.jpg

Edited by Cujo

here's my latest 3dmark 06 score. i've started ocing my vid card. first try i'm at 621/1512/1998 core/shader/mem.

What cpu and video were you running again Cujo?

You beat me by a little, I'm going to have to do something about that.

ASUS P5K Deluxe

Intel E6600 @ 3.2GHz w/ 1.5v

4 x 1024MB PC2 6400 OCZ Platinum Rev.2 @ 800MHz (4-4-4-12) w/ 2.0v

EVGA 8800GTX

SoundBlaster X-Fi Platinum

2 x WD1500ADFD RAID 0

4 x WD5000AAKS RAID 0+1

Tt Armor Aluminum Tower

Enermax Galaxy 1000W

DELL 2405FPW

(edited)

here's my final stable vid oc.

final clocks 621/1512/1053

yes, they are weird numbers but the 8800gtx overclocks in increments. for example the next increments up from those speeds are 648/1566/1080. any of those 3 speeds result in artifacting.

i'm sure i could go higher if i upgraded the cooling but i like how the hot air exhausts with this cooler. that said i might take it off and as5 it but i'm probably too lazy. for now i'm basically at ultra levels which is good enough.

finalstablevid3dmark06pa1.jpg

Edited by Cujo

Was hoping to break 12000 but it didn't happen.

Intel E2180 stock 1.8 o/c to 3.2 @1.35v

BFG 8800GT OC stock 625/1566/1800 o/c to 675/1691/1950 (BFG 8800GT OC2 clocks)

Cujo wins for now :angry:

bushwacks2160-3200.jpg

i'd be interested to see the individual scores. especially your cpu score.

Compare my 3DMark here.

I don't have a registered version so it's not as easy but here it is.

bushwacks2160-3200a.jpg

Somehow my cpu score is higher then yours Cujo, must be attributed to the difference in chipsets. But still my 1mb cache versus your 4mb, 3dmark thinks our CPU processing power is identical.

(edited)
Compare my 3DMark here.

I don't have a registered version so it's not as easy but here it is.

Somehow my cpu score is higher then yours Cujo, must be attributed to the difference in chipsets. But still my 1mb cache versus your 4mb, 3dmark thinks our CPU processing power is identical.

you also have a higher bus speed than i do. still strange though as i wouldn't have expected that.

i'm on vista as well. not sure if you are.

Edited by Cujo

• 2 weeks later...
Here's my latest 3dmark06 test in Vista Ultimate x64 :spin2:

O man you beat me too, just by a little tho. :mwink: What kind of monitor setup you running ebits? Your running water too right? You gonna push that quad a little more? I pushed my E2160 stable at 3.3 but just wont do 3.4ghz. I actually starting to smell my comp when i hit 3.3 and i got scared when after i couldnt reboot after 3.4 I had to unplug my comp and it finally reset even after i cleared the cmos.

You guys running registered versions of 3dmark? I always have to go online to view my stats.

Here's my latest 3dmark06 test in Vista Ultimate x64 :spin2:

O man you beat me too, just by a little tho. :mwink: What kind of monitor setup you running ebits? Your running water too right? You gonna push that quad a little more? I pushed my E2160 stable at 3.3 but just wont do 3.4ghz. I actually starting to smell my comp when i hit 3.3 and i got scared when after i couldnt reboot after 3.4 I had to unplug my comp and it finally reset even after i cleared the cmos.

You guys running registered versions of 3dmark? I always have to go online to view my stats.

It's a widescreen 23" Samsung hdtv/monitor. I was running water awhile back with my athlon 3800 but got rid of it cuz I didn't like the maintenance part. heh Right now the q6600 is on a Ninja Plus Rev B cooler with a 120mmx120mmx38mm Panflo Highspeed fan pusing about 130CFM I think or 110cfm...don't remember the actual specs of airflow. I used the 120mmx120mmx25mm fan it came with for the exhaust. I might push it more but for now I'll leave it at 3.0 :) my mem is running at 889MHZ The cpu temps stay in the high 40's on load so I'm good.

Um...I'm using the extended evaluation version? :unsure:

i'd have that score in the bag if i had quad. what's the rest of your setup?

bush, i got a legit copy with an asus vid card i sold.

Intel Q6600 w/ 8mb cache and SLACR version

OCZ XTC Platinum Rev.2 OCZ2P800R22GK 2GB kit

EVGA Nforce 680i A1 version

EVGA 8800GT (g92) 512MB specs linky

150gig Western Digital Raptor

74gig Raptor

80gig seagate sata drive

Antec Nine Hundred

Audigy 2 Card

Ultra X-Connect 500W ATX PSU

Samsung Lnr238w

Woot finally beat 12000! Had to raise my vcore to 1.5v in order to hit 3.4ghz with the 2160 but now running orthos im hitting temps of 68c. Going from 3.2 to 3.4 adds an extra 10c to my 100% load temps. All is stable but I'm going to take it back down to 3.2 as I dont think the tiny performance gain are worth the extra noise. Compare here. Still debating about getting that E8400 but I don't think the gains will justify the price. Might get a sealed water unit and pry off the heat spreader and see if i can hit 3.6 with the E2160. :unsure:

bushwacks2160-3400.jpg