Instagib-Capture the Flag

I got pulled into my first game of Instagib CTF by Bushwack. WOW. People flying through the air, shots flying all over the place, and your body explodes into little chunks (thanks to my 8800 gtx).

Game was so fast that when I went back to Onslaught, I thought I was stuck in molasses. I found it easier to shoot people when map were open, but the enclosed ones Bushwack and others were flying all around me. I got killed everytime I tried to grab a flag but got highest team kill/death ratio when acting as sniper. Dodging is important to get from place to place. I was lost moving on maps. A few times I went for flag was when I "stumbled" into the room with the flag. Wall dodging is a necessity and you can cover real far distances with secondary jump while still in the air. Only problem you direction is fixed and more easy to target. I am going to do this again.

Only 40 days left, and fell in love with UT2004 all over again.

They're all abominations!!!

Glad you're having fun with it MP. I liked it first time I tried it, but the thing is once I played for a while I found that no matter how hard you worked it still only took one click to kill you. That frustrated me.

So it is not the kill that counts, it is the effort in torture you impose on another player before he dies.

I myself just want to frag you. Helbender twinbeam, lightning gun to head, redeemer, etc I don't care as long as you go down but due to respawning happy outcome is short lived for me.

That instagib CTF server we were on Madpat had a few mods over standard ones. I think the fire rate is doubled and gravity turned down. Standard servers are O.K. but something about the faster pace ones turn me on. Most of the maps are simple and open so someone who doesn't know the map is not at a disadvantage. It also doen't count against you just cause you don't know where the weapons, shields, kegs and DD are. Prolly the most fair team game style you can play. It all boils down to aim and movement.

Even if the teams are off I don't even realize it until the match is over.

I played on a server where they were playing crossfire at 2x speed. It was rediculous, but I got a wicked-sick with a manta pretty easily.

From my personal experience, you guys are pretty sick with manta already (except Dingy, he prefers tanks to kill me with)