Show your desktop, again!

Allanon

I have a Mac here at work. I have a W2k3 box, an XP box, a Gentoo box, and Ubuntu box, the laptop is dual booting Ubuntu and Vista, and I have a Mac G4 cube running OS X 10.4.x. I'm just saying, each OS has it's merits...pick the one that's right for the job. Don't be a mindless fanboy.

(edited)
zest, that's awesome. such a unique desktop. i love it. btw, is that gadget telling you how far your mouse has moved?

TY :)

Ya, it is, but I dont think ti works.. I measured it, and it's way off. I do believe when I change DPIs, it changes too.

I enjoy it for the right and left clicks. it's pretty cool to see how much I rarely right click... mostly from gaming

Logitech has some cool gadgets on their website. There's one that shows the percentage of times you backspace compared to hitting other keys. There's also one that shows your WPM.

I'll have to check em out!

Zester, I want that background! Please tell me it's in 1920x1200!

:P I think it's in 1600x1200

but I changed it so it wouldn't stretch.

side note:

I got the new hdd, and messed everything up! lol. I have to reinstall Vista from scratch b/c I messed up my old disk and new disk and my laptop's checkdisk doesnt like the new partition sizes... so I'm working on seeing what I have backed up (not music nor programs) and downloading everything back onto it.

I'm actually using this screenshot to see what programs I used so I dont forget any! haha.

Edited by ZesteR

I have a Mac here at work. I have a W2k3 box, an XP box, a Gentoo box, and Ubuntu box, the laptop is dual booting Ubuntu and Vista, and I have a Mac G4 cube running OS X 10.4.x. I'm just saying, each OS has it's merits...pick the one that's right for the job. Don't be a mindless fanboy.

How do you think I get killed every night on CSS? On a PC! But, point taken.

Fanboy, yes. But mindless... well, my wife might agree with you, though.

lol, wasn't really accusing you of the mindless thing. Have just seen enough "My OS can tinkle farther than your OS" wars that the slightest hint raises the hair on my neck.

I can see how that can happen. It's all good.

I guess I'll support you on the beerbot with the "retrofitted" tap idea. :peace:

shoot, does photobucket default to 1024x640??? both you and preach use the same res and it's too small. i use imageshack.us and it lets me custom size screen shots. i usually leave them full so you guys can get the full effect.

shoot, does photobucket default to 1024x640??? both you and preach use the same res and it's too small. i use imageshack.us and it lets me custom size screen shots. i usually leave them full so you guys can get the full effect.

Hmm... I think so, because I can't find any adjustments to do that.

The original picture was 1280x800

How is imageshack working for you?

i've never had a problem with imageshack. just browse the image and hit host it. you can also custom specify the resolution if you want to make it smaller. it gives you about 8 different links for all different applications. i usually just take the straight link and post it in here with img tags.

(edited)

I like the vibrant colors, but anime stuff is girly to me.

Here is the picture that is going to be my Ubuntu background. When I get everything setup, I'm going to post up the desktop.

ubuntuneedlebluelo0.jpg

Edited by ZesteR

• 4 weeks later...
(edited)

1a0f1d5322526.gif

28 inches of real estate baby... Just for comparison CS is running in a window roughly 18" diagonal and @1280x720.. It is just about the same size as someone playing full screen on a 19" Widescreen monitor. I must say COD 4 owns at fullscreen :)

Edited by NOFX