Anybody use surround sound with UT2K4?

Anybody use surround (e.g. 5.1) speakers with UT2K4?

I went to audio tab, and there is a bunch of mumbly jumbly about

"3d audio" which is what I'm currently set to.

"3d audio w/ EAX"

and "hardware 3d audio."

If i have 5.1 speakers (headphones) what should I set this to?

anyone tried?

cuz i really wanna hear Dark sneakin up behind me and turn and give him the flak surprise of his young life.

Your hellbending is already annoyingly sick MP... The only way I can get near you with a manta is guess when you're gonna click and hit the ground as hard as I can 0.2 seconds before then.

Note: If you have stereo, for the time being all you have to do is look slightly to the left or the right. Whatever ear you hear the sound in, that's the direction your opponent is in. Dont get too focussed on one direction.

I've tried with surround, but I like headphones better.

To add to what dark said, I always look around a lot while on foot and listen.

The mantas are pretty quiet until they are REALLY close... and unless you are looking in that direction of have incredible reflexes... they will getcha.

When you dodge jump, double jump, etc.. you can turn in any direction while in midair and it will not affect the direction you are traveling, which is another advantage to dodge jumping around instead of just running.

There is also a way to disable your own footsteps in-game, works very well for DM/TAM. just google "disable footsteps ut2004" and there's a few guides on how to do it

Edited by Wentz

Stereo allows for you to hear in which direction?

Just look around left or right for danger?

Guys, I am using FOV 80. I have tunnel vision so my targets are just large enough that I can hit you guys.

I don't see left or right. If I can get my stereo headphones to work it will save me alot of problems.

P.S. I will fire at half -3/4 charge when targeting your manta Dark from now on.

P.S.S What I Learned #11 Don't fire on Dingy's Goliath with Helbender. You give away Helbender position, he kills you "priceless".

Edited by MaDPaT

...soooooo

back to my question...

This is going to get as bad as the UT3 demo thread...

*oh, and now that I tried to run both Vent and UT2k4 with my new headphones in 5.1 mode...yeah, uhhh...now my mic doesn't work in game or in vent. I can still record and hear myself, but FTW!!!!!!

Edited by Tek-Almighty

All the evil you've spoken is finally come full circle and is attacking you tek! :P jk

idk man, try their support forums?

And yeah, I agree wentz... Also if you're on foot, AND have a good souncard, you can hear the guy get in the manta accross the map in crossfire - turn ingame sounds on and music off. NONE OF YOU SHOULD HAVE MUSIC ON! lol

Edited by DarkArchon

Ok...

new problem...

I tried surround (hardware 3D mode) and it is ok, but sometimes sounds like tin.

Ever since firing up UT with surround AND Vent...now everybody can hear my gameplay in my mic (and I have headphones mind you) so everyone has to mute me on vent. I tried changing both soundcard and game back to stereo, but vent is still screwed up...cannot use.

As well, when i use mic in game, other players get blasted with the action coming through my headphones.

FTW, anyone heard of this?

Yeah, I have. Dont remember how they fixed it though... I think it had something to do with changing the rec device in vent from direct sound or something like that... I think when you enable 3d eax ingame it somehow mixes the signals or something...

Not sure about the tingy-ness. Could always just change the levels of bass/treble or enable a graphic equalizer and set it up how you want.