new to the workout scene

NOFX

• 2 weeks later...
(edited)

well, I didn't keep going since I posted last, but I'm kinda half assing it now. I don't care about strength training anymore. I'm just trying to get in good shape by doing stuff at home. Push-ups, sit-ups, curl-bar, running a couple miles a day. Just backpacked 15 miles carrying 35lbs on my back. I'm not all that bad, it's just that I need to work on my endurance.

Edited by .fx

As cheesy as it sounds, Iron Gym Total Upper Body Workout Bar.

get it.

like $25 and totally worth it.

I went from doing maybe 3 chin ups to nearly 20 when i was working out everyday. I gained 15 +lbs of muscle and lost fat. This alone tightened my core, increased my chest and arms by a lot, and strengthened my back. This in conjunction with endurance training should help you tons.

I am still coming off a knee surgery so my run blows, but this at least kept my upper body in shape while rebuilding my legs.

• 5 weeks later...

I've also been slacking at the gym but to make up for it I try to play sports at least once a week. It's not much but it's better than nothing. Right now I'm in a summer soccer league and I play pickup soccer every Tuesday. I'm hoping to find a fall league to play in just so I can get out and work up a sweat.