myspace.com

Xoul

i think facebook took over, myspace is so last year.. get with it geezer!

I just signed up for facebook... Honestly I don't like it. I think myspace is way better. I looked through about 50 or 60 profiles really quick, and they just don't have anyones that are really custom. They are all the same. I dunno, I'll keep it and see whats the big deal, just to give it a chance.

-1000 cool points for desh for actually thinking I care about "being cool". +10000 billion i don't care points for me. hehe just kidding.

My sense of self worth has just been crushed :(

Ok... My take of facebook is its for people who don't want to look at flashy profiles. It doesn't seem to be that customizable at all. It took me forever to do things. I'd rather look at a basic myspace page with no added HTML to make it look different than to view a facebook profile. The search for friends feature is hard to use. You can't use advanced search to make searching easier outside of networks your in, it just doesn't allow it. I watched a video on Facebook vs Myspace. I laughed because it showed a nerd, and some guy dressed Goth, and thug at the same time. Cute. I think i'll stick with myspace... its customizable, and its easier to setup imo.

imo facebook has went down hill big time once they started the whole add-in thing.. its now just swarmed with stupid web-based programs that you have to add to your page to see/use on other peoples.. its ridiculous.. every announcement i get is about some new movie comparison or superwall blah blah blah.. myspaces only drawback is all the phishing goin on but other than that i still <3 it more than facebook (although i use both)

imo facebook has went down hill big time once they started the whole add-in thing..

qft. add-in's = myspace wannabe

as for myspace. customizable = stupid people with no sense of what is visually pleasing get control over what I have to look at to talk to them. this is bad.

myspace started as a website for bands to promote their music. All of the prosta-tots who followed them around to shows and hung out in the "underage corner" signed up on myspace so that they could leave such illustrious comments as "OH MY GOSH! UR DRUMR IS SOOOO HOT! MAKE HE TAKE HIS SHIRT OF MOORE!!!1 *ggigles!!* LOL!!" and "U GUYS ROK! WHEN R U COMIN HERE AGAIN!? WHEN U DO LETS GO OUT!!! *giggles* ROFLPOTOMOUS!!!1 LOLERSKATES!"

And then all the little dudes who followed all the little prosta-tots to the show signed up so they could prove to the prosta-tots that they were as manly as the buffed out "DRUMR (LOL)!" so they started e-thugging it up on "the myspace" and then their friends from school who didn't care at all about the bands signed up so they could flirt with the hot girl who had no idea that in real life they were the fat kid from chemistry class who always breathed hard behind them and then it just went even more downhill from there.

Facebook started as a way for college students to stay in contact with their friends who had gone away to other colleges.

Sadly, Facebook is slowly becoming myspace. If only it hadn't become the new "it" thing on the internet...then I wouldn't have to deal with stupid "Superpokes" and "Pirate vs. Ninja" applications and all the crap that I use the rest of the internet for.

p.s. --> the owner of my company had a special meeting with our tech guy to make sure that no one could "install the myspace on their computers" at work.

myspace was for flashy profiles

facebook was to keep in touch

originally facebook didn't have these terrible applications and we could use it to plan events, write notes to each other, and keep in touch many miles apart. We could have done this by phone sure, but facebook was super easy and looked clean. Now they added applications and it looks like garbage :(

myspace however, by including customizable html profiles is saying "hay giaz!! HAX ME!1"

Okay,

Myspace = TRASH THAT IS ANNOYING... i can't stand all the HTML bull and flashy crap.

Facebook = Has gone down hill, but isn't that bad, i still enjoy it. All i do is just ignore the requests, there is an option that allows you to not be bothered by any of it, and i don't seem to even notice a lot of it anymore. As for notes, events, blah blah blah... i just threw my friend's 22nd bday party and we only told people through Facebook.. more people than confirmed on the event were there.. confirmed = 102... there were over 250 people there.

The only downfall is that employers and faculty look at your pages.

I use myspace because of the numbers involved, but you would never catch me making all annoying like 90% of the pages on there.

Same thing with Facebook...sure you can load some silly applications, but no one is forcing you! I see all these comments in here about Facebook apps and myspace html...you don't have to use it, so I don't get the point. Facebook is amazing, I've reconnected with many lost friends in the last year or so and stayed up to date with other friends who aren't in the country anymore.

Same thing with Facebook...sure you can load some silly applications, but no one is forcing you! I see all these comments in here about Facebook apps and myspace html...you don't have to use it, so I don't get the point. Facebook is amazing, I've reconnected with many lost friends in the last year or so and stayed up to date with other friends who aren't in the country anymore.

well clearly WE don't use the annoying apps...the problem is that they exist and there are people who are our friends who DO use them. Which means that if we want to talk to that person, we have to wade through the ugly crap on their profile. The part that makes it even worse is that 90% of the people who use way too many apps are hot girls who say things like "idk" and "r u gna b thr?" when talking online...and clearly we are annoyed by them, but being geeks we cannot refuse to be friends with any attractive female.