Released! First week info.

dragonfly

The UT3 release had totally slipped my mind, I guess I will go down and grab a copy, its gonna be hard to let UT2K4 ONS go.

Just dont let it go all the way. There'll always be a demo server for the times you get frustrated with ut3, where you can go throw your frustration onto some noobs and make em leave ;)

Fedex just dropped off my copy. Probably try and fire it up tonight after family goes back to hotel. :) My gogamer free UT3 t-shirt is cool.

Cannon, you can transport between nodes. The teleporters are looking glass mirror type things that are off to the side of most nodes.

Lex
I also want feedback on how UT3 compares to TF2, which is more fun and will have a longer life.

Buy UT3 right now and ask Santa for TF2. I'm going to be playing both for the next couple of months. UT3 is more fun in my opinion.. of course.

The UT3 release had totally slipped my mind, I guess I will go down and grab a copy, its gonna be hard to let UT2K4 ONS go.

Warfare > ONS

Edited by Lex

Having Thanksgiving dinner with the entire family to night and then with the in laws tomorrow. You can forget me even going out to buy the game on Megadeth Friday. Maybe I'll pick it up next week if it's all that. I figure I'll get the Orange Box for Christmas.

Fedex just dropped off my copy. Probably try and fire it up tonight after family goes back to hotel. :) My gogamer free UT3 t-shirt is cool.

Cannon, you can transport between nodes. The teleporters are looking glass mirror type things that are off to the side of most nodes.

Thanks H! I figured it out on my own today.

Geez! You guys are making me jealous. I'm in Maryland at my sister's, and won't be home until late Saturday.

I guess it will be late next week before I can even think of buying/installing. I guess we'll see what happens...

And good point too - I have been thinking of a fresh install of XP. If I do, it will be a while longer. Of course,

it could always be the first app instaled :)

*shudder* how does it play with Vista? I'm just wondering, so don't get on me about it :)

Happy Tday and Black Friday to everyone! And since it *is* the season, I'll say Yo! Yo! Yo! Merry Chrisdtmas

(because you see, it is non-PC to say it the "other" way :) )

Vista is fine. I really suspect the big problems folks are having with vista might be along the lines of overall system throughput. That is, agp + p4 systems + 512 to 1 gig ram = suckage. My new guy loves vista, and as I posted in the hardware forums, I really ain't looking back at all. A lot of the problems I had with the vista betas are eliminated completely if you install the updates first thing.

So, shorter answer is, unless you have 2 gig ram and sata drives, don't bother with vista? Otherwise, the game is fine on it (get newest video card drivers though)

-Fk

Warfare is makin me happy. Way better than expected!

nice combination of vehicle/deathmatch, definately feels like onslaught

here's a few of my thoughts

nightshade: awesome. this thing is amazing for node defense. deployables are schweet and the primary fire at close range melts faces quickly.

scavenger: don't fully know how to use it.. but any vehicle that can run into a manta and blow it up is cool by me. rolling over people is very funny, especially when they dont see you coming.

viper: freakin fast, nice vehicle. primary fire seems a tad better than the manta in terms of DPS, and you can shoot it at nodes/enemies like a missile which is pretty neet.

---- weaps ----

close range - flak primary is most effective and tears people up, link secondary is also nice

medium range (easy to kill/die at this range) - shock combos are fast and best. rockets do a crapload of damage and are great.. minigun primary is great too! flak secondary is tough to get used to but works well if you lower the arc of the shot by shooting "down" more. Bio rifle deals out a crapload of damage loaded up, wouldn't bother spamming the small blobs too much though.

long range - shock pri unless you are stationary and camping, then sniper rifle.. aim for the head though, its ez

I've noticed when you are at a node and fighting people on foot, if you can't get a height advantage on them, charge at them with flak pri... most people spazz out when you get too close and either miss or shoot themselves

the orb is a nice addition to the game.. and don't forget you can also defend a node with the orb by hanging around it while killing of enemies. lex and i were able to dominate the other team with one of us attacking and one hanging at the enemy prime node with the orb

Warfare is makin me happy. Way better than expected!

nice combination of vehicle/deathmatch, definately feels like onslaught

here's a few of my thoughts

nightshade: awesome. this thing is amazing for node defense. deployables are schweet and the primary fire at close range melts faces quickly.

scavenger: don't fully know how to use it.. but any vehicle that can run into a manta and blow it up is cool by me. rolling over people is very funny, especially when they dont see you coming.

viper: freakin fast, nice vehicle. primary fire seems a tad better than the manta in terms of DPS, and you can shoot it at nodes/enemies like a missile which is pretty neet.

---- weaps ----

close range - flak primary is most effective and tears people up, link secondary is also nice

medium range (easy to kill/die at this range) - shock combos are fast and best. rockets do a crapload of damage and are great.. minigun primary is great too! flak secondary is tough to get used to but works well if you lower the arc of the shot by shooting "down" more. Bio rifle deals out a crapload of damage loaded up, wouldn't bother spamming the small blobs too much though.

long range - shock pri unless you are stationary and camping, then sniper rifle.. aim for the head though, its ez

I've noticed when you are at a node and fighting people on foot, if you can't get a height advantage on them, charge at them with flak pri... most people spazz out when you get too close and either miss or shoot themselves

the orb is a nice addition to the game.. and don't forget you can also defend a node with the orb by hanging around it while killing of enemies. lex and i were able to dominate the other team with one of us attacking and one hanging at the enemy prime node with the orb

Some of you heavy hitters better get in the game soon and teach Wentz some humility. He's having way too much fun being at the top of his team all the time! ;);)

Just placed my order at gogamer.com so I get a free shirt! Otherwise I would have to play nekkid. Picked up the Unreal Anthology too for $5 for the hell of it. I own all the games already but Unreal 2, that and I lent UT 99 to someone years ago and never got it back. Maybe I'll be rockin' with you guys by next weekend.

Just placed my order at gogamer.com so I get a free shirt! Otherwise I would have to play nekkid. Picked up the Unreal Anthology too for $5 for the hell of it. I own all the games already but Unreal 2, that and I lent UT 99 to someone years ago and never got it back. Maybe I'll be rockin' with you guys by next weekend.

Got the regular version at BB today.

Only 3 copies there.

hmmmm...

oh, like I said our BB is crap.

The best Vid Card there:

8600GT...