FASHION DILEMMA!

Playaa

I realize this is a hilariously stupid thing to post on a gaming message board...but I'm OCD and it's bothering me and I don't know who to ask...so I'll ask the internet.

For the last 8 or 9 years, I have been a white tennis shoe kind of guy. Used to be K-Swiss only, but then about 5 years ago I bought a pair of Lugz hi-top tennis shoes and that's the only (non-dressy) shoe I've worn since then. This weekend I was out shoe shopping and I've always liked the look of dark brown tennis shoes so I bought these...now every single piece of clothing I own just seems...wrong when I'm wearing these shoes. What in the world am I supposed to wear with these things?

OH SO EPIC...I lol'd incredibly hard...Nick, you are a scholar and a gentleman.

Playaa...like those Italian "sport" shoes that people wear everywhere now, you're supposed to wear tight pants and designer t-shirts with shoes like that. I will comment no further on the matter.

You can wear almost anything with those... it is just a different / new look right now. I have some similar to those, and wear with jeans... Usually also with some short sleeve button up shirt... that or a non-plain t-shirt would work as well. If you go khakis with those, then a nice sweater would be good with those as well.

LOLOL Nick!

Anyway...what benjester said is what I would have said. Those are nice looking shoes, you can get away with wearing pretty much anything with em. try running during a chief's or rams (I see your in Missouri) game naked...and watch the reaction.

an easy thing that comes to mind is casual wear, nice jeans or khaki's with a button down shirt or golf shirt, or even a light sweater.

You can wear almost anything with those... it is just a different / new look right now. I have some similar to those, and wear with jeans... Usually also with some short sleeve button up shirt... that or a non-plain t-shirt would work as well. If you go khakis with those, then a nice sweater would be good with those as well.
wow i didn't even read this thread b4 i posted...seems we think a like benjester!

A friend of mine wears those exact shoes. Basketball shorts does NOT work with these. But He had some luck with non-ripped, strait line died, jeans. He's a taller guy and it works out pretty well. It seems that if you get pants that make you look taller, they look awesome.

/my 2 cents

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
(edited)

I can't help you man.. I'm pretty anal about the shoes I wear.. these are the three that I always come back to and buy again. The Doc's last forever. I just got a new pair for Christmas, the first pair I have are about 3.5 years old, they are in very good shape. The only that went wrong is I was riding my motorcycle with a broken shifter, which tore the leather up. Those shoes last like 5 years..

accel-black.jpg

367431_300.jpg

M574ISS_lg.jpg

NB's 574 are one of the most comfortable shoes ever made.

Edited by NOFX

• 3 months later...
I can't help you man.. I'm pretty anal about the shoes I wear.. these are the three that I always come back to and buy again. The Doc's last forever. I just got a new pair for Christmas, the first pair I have are about 3.5 years old, they are in very good shape. The only that went wrong is I was riding my motorcycle with a broken shifter, which tore the leather up. Those shoes last like 5 years..

accel-black.jpg

367431_300.jpg

M574ISS_lg.jpg

NB's 574 are one of the most comfortable shoes ever made.

never tried the NB's but I bought a pair of puma's last year and they're the most comfortable shoe i've ever worn in my life...infact i'm wearing them right now.