Gamespy is the devil

HWarrior

So what happens when you partner your game with Gamespy. You rely on them to handle all of your account management and your server browser. So guess what happens when gamespy server goes down... PEOPLE CAN'T PLAY YOUR GAME!!!

Since you can't login, you can't join an online game. You can't even go to your history (beta patch) and pick a server to play on when the server browser goes down. Stupidest decision ever. Let's put the most critical part of accessing our game online in the hands of another company that has proven unrealiable in the past.

<rant over>

Downtime today was only 30mins but...

When was it down? - was up 30 minutes ago... (Note that I am not disagreeing with you :) )

-Fk

I noticed it at 1:40PM when I tried to finish my single player campaign after lunch. After looking around, the first report of outage was around 1:30PM. Worrisome that some dedicated servers with the patch installed crashed when Gamespy went down. I am guessing this was during a map switch or something. Doesn't make since to crash otherwise.