I am legend

TheGeek

5/5 Stars! The whole movie I was terrified. It's one of those movies where after your done, your hands are drenched with sweat.

The plot was executed with good timing. The character development was spot on. The movie applied LOGIC! Something you don't see a lot in movies.

There is only one thing I would take out. But I wont ruin it for you. In a week I'll let you know.

GO WATCH IT! Its in IMAX theater's.

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah. What can they do? They had to make the movie a specified time.

I guess they made you fill in the years to come at the end. Didn't bother me though. It is the most scary movie I've ever seen. And I've watched a lot of horror movies.

5/5 Stars! The whole movie I was terrified. It's one of those movies where after your done, your hands are drenched with sweat.

The plot was executed with good timing. The character development was spot on. The movie applied LOGIC! Something you don't see a lot in movies.

There is only one thing I would take out. But I wont ruin it for you. In a week I'll let you know.

GO WATCH IT! Its in IMAX theater's.

4/5. good movie, dumb ending. that is all.

saw it in the IMAX in nyc last weekend.. great idea for a movie, but i think they botched the ending.. the movie should have been an hour longer with a legit ending.

3/5

Now we need a 2/5 and a 1/5 and we're set.

4.5/5

I loved it. However, I DID like the ending. It wasn't epic like LOTR3, and wasnt stupidly pointless like StarWars 3 - it was concise (very concise) and to the point. It finally made the title of the movie fit...

I jumped a few times, but I wasnt scared lol And Geek, I gave it 4.5/5 instead of 5/5 because there were not sex scenes :D hahahahahah jk

And Geek, I gave it 4.5/5 instead of 5/5 because there were not sex scenes :D hahahahahah jk

>_<

I've only been truly scared a couple times in my life. But I view a movie scary where I have a tough time detaching myself from the movie and saying, none of this is real. Where all thats running through my mind is terror. Therefore, the movie is scary.

3/4 stars

Good movie, but I also didn't like the ending. Not only because a gernade doesn't turn into a "fire explosion," but mainly because they changed the book's ending. The book's ending is epic and justifies the title of the movie. This ending is neither. For anyone who wants a better ending to this story, please read the book. You WILL be satisfied.

Periodic cheese throughout, modern day (extremely loud noises/jump out at you/a 8 year old kid could do it) scare tactics. The interaction sequences were unrealistic.. and he should have killed that girl for wasting his bacon. Ending was lol. I did have popcorn/coke to eat during this experience, so 3/5.

If they blew up all the roads/bridges into the city how did the chick get there?

Also in the book werent there 2 diff zombies, 1 that was nice and wanting a cure and the others that were like the zombies in the movie. Then didnt they send a spy into the camp of the bad guys or something like that.

The one thing i thought was they could of easily put more substance into this to make it a 2 or 2 1/2 hour movie.

<----------- entertained by this movie!

4/5 stars from me. Will Smith is a great actor and was perfect in this role.

**** SPOILERS ****

I will say this - there was more to the "dark seekers" that could have been explored to flesh them out more and add to the story. To me, it seemed as though there was a clear leader among them that we saw several times, and I also couldn't believe they didn't say anything more about the fact that they successfully set a trap for Will Smith. That was clearly a sign of some lingering intelligence and "human" function that he thought was totally lost. Who was the "leader" guy, and why did the other seekers seem to take their cue from him? The ending was a tad abrupt, as I would have liked for them to spend a little time trying to cure another person maybe. I'm not sure that would have felt right though, I can see why they wrote the ending the way that they did. Oh, and that stupid women totally screwed everything up. I wanted to slap her for that. He specifically told her to wait until it was daytime so they couldn't follow them home, but could she listen? NOOOOOOOOOO! She had to let them follow so she could sit her kid down in front of Shrek and eat his bacon that he had been saving. What a tramp.

**** END SPOILERS ****

it was an alright movie.

SPOILER BELOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I didn't like how they killed of Will Smith's Character...They shoulda killed off the chick.

For the rest of you old farts out there may recall that in the last remake, the omega man, the character was also killed off and the girl and boy lived to spread the cure. :smillie_smilling:

The general consensus I'm hearing from every person who's seen this is that it clearly could have been much more than it was, but it was still entertaining.

Actually, I went in expecting much less than I got out of the film. I thought it was gonna be another "zombie movie apocalypse how to survive" manifesto...

It wasn't

I usually am never jumpy or scared during film, and I didn't expect to be during this...

But there were a couple of times I came reallllly close.

The action was perfect, but didn't overwhelm the film...and, It didn't get too technical about the details of infection, survival, etc...

I'm gonna guess that some folks didn't like it because it was not really an "action" film...

it was much less "shoot em up gore" and more suspense and character development.

I give it 4.5 DarkArchons out of 5 DarkArchons.

For the rest of you old farts out there may recall that in the last remake, the omega man, the character was also killed off and the girl and boy lived to spread the cure. :smillie_smilling:

Kind of... the boy died at the end of Omega Man. He thought he could 'trust' the infected, but they killed him after he told them about the cure. Neither the Omega Man nor I Am Legend followed the book closely. I still liked I Am Legend better than Omega Man.

2.5/5 stars

The scare tactics in this movie were cheap. the kind that scare children and my wife but other than that not really. Ending was terrible, now I haven't read the book, but the graphic novel was amazing. And it seems prety eveident looking at the comments that the comic follows the book fairly well.

Will Smith and maybe the dog are the only redeeming feature of this film. It's hard to carry an entire movie by yourself, but Smith does great with the crappy writing and story that he got. And the CGI was pretty terrible in the movie. Seems like these "zombies" were not that much better rendered than the robots in iRobot. So I would have liked to have seen real people.

Like those "zombies" in 28 Days Later, they were like Carl Lewis and I almost peed my pants in the scene where they are changing the tire. Now thats how you make a scary movie!

I totally agree that the book is better. Can anybody think of a movie that stayed true to the book? I certainly cant.

they successfully set a trap for Will Smith
haha that same debate on rotten tomatoes right now. I think that will smith set it up there. As you could tell, he wasn't in a clear state of mind. And he did use a mannequin to lure zombies once, I think that he did the same thing and forgot about it.The trap used the same wire and pulley system will smith used. IF they set up the trap, don't you think they should have done it at the video store?

I liked the movie...I was entertained. But it just seems like another Resident Evil spin off. The plots are almost identical. Both Will Smiths character and Milla Jovovich' s blood is the cure. Both have to deal with Zombie's who like to eat living flesh. Both deal with Zombie dogs.

The only difference to me was that in I am Legend...the Zombies evolved in the thought process.

But like I said...I was entertained and liked the movie. But to me, the trilogy of RE was just as good. The ending on RE was better imo. The only thing you can't replace is Will Smiths acting. Great actor!