Travel Arrangement's

shaftiel

I'm just starting the preliminary planning for my travel to Frag Fest this year. I'll be buying the plane tickets in April, and I have a couple questions since I will be requiring a lift to and from the airport.

One, who is flying to Frag Fest, and when are you arriving/departing?

Two, is anyone thinking about renting a car for the trip?

Finally, if I need a lift to the airport on Sunday, considering the breakdown time and after event lunch for the organizers, when should I schedule my return flight?

Shaftiel

I'm just starting the preliminary planning for my travel to Frag Fest this year. I'll be buying the plane tickets in April, and I have a couple questions since I will be requiring a lift to and from the airport.

One, who is flying to Frag Fest, and when are you arriving/departing?

Two, is anyone thinking about renting a car for the trip?

Finally, if I need a lift to the airport on Sunday, considering the breakdown time and after event lunch for the organizers, when should I schedule my return flight?

Shaftiel

We are out of there by 11 or 12, always....if you attend anything afterwards, I would say you could still make a 5 or 6:00 flight. As far as a ride to the airport...I would assume that would be easier to come by if you left with the main crowd around 11, as some of them will likely be going there anyways....after that, you have a smaller pool of people you are dealing with...mostly locals, but i'm sure one of them could be bought cheaply to give you a lift :)

I plan on flying this year if I go. Would probably show Thursday at some point, leave Sunday afternoon.

If we could get a couple of folks showing and leaving at the same time a rental might be reasonable... else finding someone with a car might be cheaper.

Again, I'd be willing to take the trip with you this year because you are going. I would dread having to travel in an airport alone without someone who knows what the heck to do.

if i go (lol), i'm flying. i'd prefer to fly thursday evening and return sunday, and i'll also chip in on a rental car (if not get my own).

Pfffft......here we go again.....empty promises :P

Why doesn't he just promise he won't go ... then we will know what to expect :P

if i go (lol), i'm flying. i'd prefer to fly thursday evening and return sunday, and i'll also chip in on a rental car (if not get my own).

Pfffft......here we go again.....empty promises :P

Why doesn't he just promise he won't go ... then we will know what to expect :P

Naw, cause then he'd most likely show up. ;)

I can grab people at the airport with the van again if needed. If you are going to fly in Thursday, I'd prefer you fly in after 3 or 4 PM so that I have time to participate in the golf in the morning. Thursday lunch/early afternoon is somewhat slow since we're waiting on access to the ballroom to set up.

Who's in for arriving at 1 PM?

I don't get it. Bub said that he would prefer it if people arrived after 3 or 4... :unsure:

Shaftiel

Yeah that part of it was a joke... I would probably aim for late afternoon or early evening.

Yeah, a time where Bubs isn't golfing, or getting drinks knocked over on his computer... in which I had NO part of!!!

JackieChan

Note to self: If I must pick Jackie up at teh airport, I must remember to bring bungee cords and twine to comfortably strap him to the roof of the van.

Oh, feel free to fly in at any time you want, lets just say the GC taxi will run mid to late afternoon.

I was hoping to arrive some time Wednesday, so that I could participate in the BBQ and Golf. Could I expect a ride, or should I get a limo with a hot tub and girls?

Shaftiel

I'll be working in town on Wednesday so I could still swing by and pick you up, however if the limo, hot tub, girls thing works out could you swing by and give me a ride home?
i just got copied on an email from the travel agent.

the limo won't be able to make it:

limo29ws_small.jpg

but the girls shaftiel mentioned will:

3girls_july_2007.jpg