Is it confirmed that there will be rental PC's this year

farmerisme

Sounds like we may be on to something here, lets see if we can get enough GC brotherly love going to get some PC's set up for those who cant bring them. I can do 2, and only one will need a keyboard, I have a G7 mouse on my main rig and a Razer in my stash.

I dont come there to game anyways, I like to drink beer, golf, and play poker and see my friends that I get to see even less now that I moved :D

After the drive last year I was strongly planning on flying in this year... my system at home is busted (the reason I have not been on the server in months) and probably won't purchase another one by this summer. If I did I would consider shipping it (but not flying with it in baggage), my plan was that by renting I would have a system that worked. That is my main concern.

Worst case worst I could make arrangements somehow... obviously if there was a way to provide rentals from someone, I would be all over that. Or perhaps I will use this as an excuse to buy another PC. I will watch for info and may just have to play things by ear.

I think Jackie was hoping for my chaperoning efforts through the airports or as a ride.

Thanks for your efforts on this, I know you guys do alot for the FF event and in no way want to pile more on your plates!

Yeah, hit the nail on the head, Farmer. Even though the drive was brutal, if it came to that to transport computers or whatever again, I'd say we do it again. Mags made the drive so much more tolerable because of all the stuff he was talking about. I made it worse by hardly talking.

Hey Fatty, I don't live that far from you, since I do live in Hudson, I do have some spare keyboards laying around, PS/2 and USB, one of them is that Zboard from years past, mice eh... I think I am shy on those... I might have a spare Nvidia 7800 card laying around but I'd have to go through my box o' PC parts, lol, let me know VIA AIM: victhebum or MSN: thebum@windstream.net or even e-mail: thebum@roadrunner.com

After the drive last year I was strongly planning on flying in this year... my system at home is busted (the reason I have not been on the server in months) and probably won't purchase another one by this summer. If I did I would consider shipping it (but not flying with it in baggage), my plan was that by renting I would have a system that worked. That is my main concern.

Worst case worst I could make arrangements somehow... obviously if there was a way to provide rentals from someone, I would be all over that. Or perhaps I will use this as an excuse to buy another PC. I will watch for info and may just have to play things by ear.

I think Jackie was hoping for my chaperoning efforts through the airports or as a ride.

Thanks for your efforts on this, I know you guys do alot for the FF event and in no way want to pile more on your plates!

Yeah, hit the nail on the head, Farmer. Even though the drive was brutal, if it came to that to transport computers or whatever again, I'd say we do it again. Mags made the drive so much more tolerable because of all the stuff he was talking about. I made it worse by hardly talking.

Wow...Mags...marry him, he enjoys your fish stories...I mean...we all enjoy your fish stories :ignore:

Wow...Mags...marry him, he enjoys your fish stories...I mean...we all enjoy your fish stories :ignore:

But what will Duke say? He'll be crushed. :(

• 1 month later...

Ok...change of plans, we are now flying instead of driving, so bringing computers is pretty much out....especially since I wasnt gonna play much anyways. BUT...I will have the luggage room to bring some parts to loan out if people were still planning on throwing some units together for those that cant bring theirs.

Sorry guys :(

Ok...change of plans, we are now flying instead of driving, so bringing computers is pretty much out....especially since I wasnt gonna play much anyways. BUT...I will have the luggage room to bring some parts to loan out if people were still planning on throwing some units together for those that cant bring theirs.

Yeah...If I worked security at the airport there's no way I would let someone like clue through carrying luggage full of computer parts, you just have a look about you that you could build a pipe bomb from a coffee maker...take that as a compliment I guess. :shrug03:

I put in an email to TSA and the response I got back said that the micro that I built was allowed but that all FINAL decision were up to the local TSA agents. So basically saying that they may say NO or maybe say NO on the way back.

I keeped the shipping box so I will just ship it to Fattys instead. Then maybe I will just sell it at FF so I do not have to ship it back.