WTB: Vista Ultimate

[LaW]Maverick

I know some of you are still college students and can get a copy of Vista Ultimate dirt cheap. I'll pay for shipping and all that, and a "finder's fee" if you like, but can anyone help me out? I really don't want to pay $200 for a copy of it.

PM me and let me know! (or just reply here, of course)

Thanks!!

PS: So this has been up all day, and SJ hasn't even thrown in a "witty" quip about how I should buy a Mac or something about how much better the Mac OS is?

Edited by [LaW]Maverick

why do you need ultimate?

It's what I already installed on the machine, and I do like some of the extra stuff it comes with that business does not, and I like some of the Business stuff that the Home Premium version does not come with either.

So, to recap, I'm lazy and don't want to have to do another re-install, and I like some of the bonus stuff that comes with Ultimate.

i'm a student and haven't redeemed my offer, yet.

however, i find your proposition highly unethical.

PS: So this has been up all day, and SJ hasn't even thrown in a "witty" quip about how I should buy a Mac or something about how much better the Mac OS is?
so, to recap, i don't need to. ars already has.

warm regards,

stuttering john

Really? Unethical? Why?

I wasn't looking for people that only get one copy, I was looking for the people that can buy as many as they want for around $70. I wouldn't want to gank one person's shot at getting it cheap. I didn't think they did the one shot deals anymore...Kent, where I went to school, hasn't done the one shot deal for a long time.

My apologies if you guys thought I was trying to get someone's one and only student copy, because I agree, that wouldn't be cool at all.

don't tell me what he's telling you he wants, im telling you what he wants.

dunno, maybe its just not possible for me to understand someone wanting vista. even more impossible to understand someone wanting to pay for it.

or myabe im just excited about office 2008:mac.

Actually, I didn't know 'bout that offer for Office, and I would like to upgrade to 2007, and that includes Publisher which I could really use....so I think I will do that (my wife is doing grad work and is eligible)

Oh, and SJ, I can't understand anyone actually wanting a Mac, let alone paying extra money over the PC counter-part to own one :) So, I guess that makes us even.

Actually, I didn't know 'bout that offer for Office, and I would like to upgrade to 2007, and that includes Publisher which I could really use....so I think I will do that (my wife is doing grad work and is eligible)

Oh, and SJ, I can't understand anyone actually wanting a Mac, let alone paying extra money over the PC counter-part to own one :) So, I guess that makes us even.

Laziness...that's the only reason I can possible fathom as to why someone with any capability with a computer would want a mac...it took me months to come up with this and only occurred to me after I thought about buying a Macbook because I was too lazy to bother with a Windows based notebook. Now comes the problem, how do I lazily make enough money to buy two Windows based laptops (or one Macbook)?

[/hijack]