Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

GC Founder

IS THERE NOONE ELSE?!??!!?!!?

NO-ONE?

NO ONE?

IS THERE NOBODY ELSE?!?!?!!!?!?

Personally I dread to step on the scale......but I will when this is finalized and ready....

We need more players and investors.....people are reading but not posting!

oh snap,

I started in October, I am down from 200 to 181, I only have 6 more lbs to my target. Wish you would have come up with this great plan 5 months ago it would have gotten me down to my target weight soooooo much faster.

I doubt nobody wants someone on their team that only needs to loose 6 lbs.

UnderCover

In the same spirit as the contest, I pledge $50 to the Dauphin County Meals on Wheels program in the name of the winner

losing the weight and becoming healthier is it's own reward :freak:

take a guess which one is the over metabolized stick boy in the group.

GC Founder

granted....i totally agree with you....but there's something to the motivation to stick it out until the end and go for something above 2nd place......

mohawk...you're in as an investor....wherever it goes from you is fine....

LET'S GO!!!

Too late to join?

I will jump in if it is not too late - plus I will toss an extra $20 in the pot.

Height - 5'11"

Weight - 230

Desired Weight - 180

Last year I did the Body For Life program by myself and went from 279 to 214, then golf season started and the workouts stopped, while the beer drinking started. I put back on 16 pounds and need to get rid of it - my 20-year reunion is coming up this August!!

GC Founder

Players:

Geek - 201 / 180 / 21

Fat - 209 / 180 / 29

SJ - ? / ? / ~40

Playaa - 275 / 225 / 50

Soul - 230 / 180 / 50

Shaft - 260 / 180 / 80

Bub

Mini

Investors:

Clueless (20)

ScubaDan (20)

Typefrag (100)

Dingy (20)

Mohawk (50 to charity)

Soul (extra 10 to pool)

That's 8! I also missed Scuba's investment! Thanks, SD!

Let's go ahead and take our initial weights today and BEGIN!!!!

I weighed in this morning at 209. My eventual goal is 180. (the ultimate goal will only be used to help create teams....loss % will be based on current weight)

If you didn't post your info somewhere above, please do so today. Also, get your pictures taken this weekend (if you're doing pictures). Btw, I'm going to move this thread to the Health/Fitness forum down below at some point.....

Please avoid doing any padding of your initial weights, although doing so would only help you initially....but again, as we're all long-time friends, this is on the honor system....but remember, fantastic weight loss will have to be backed up by photos! Please take a front and profile view if you're gonna go for the prize!

-Let's stick to whole numbers....round up if you have a scale that goes to halves.....or round to the closest if you have some crazy scale that goes into even more detail....

YOU CAN STILL GET IN IF YOU WANT......BUT IT NEEDS TO BE TODAY!!!

I'm excited to get started...and for me it starts NOW! Lunch today will be done....well, will be done less!

I wish I had the knowledge and motivation at this point... I just don't. I guess not understanding what weights to lift. and what exercises to do and what days to do them on is where I really just lose motivation. Seriously... there are so many options and routes, I just don't know which to follow... so I haven't followed any...

I need to lose some pounds, and put on some muscle too!!

My hat is off to you guys!!

Edited by benjester

I didn't see this until I got to work....no scale here. I prefer to do my weigh ins in the mornings, but whateva. For planning I can throw out an estimate and will back it up either tonight or first thing tomorrow morning.

227.5 / 195 / 32.5

Get ready for my pictures, I'm BRINGING SEXY BACK!!!1

Fat, when we running laps again?

GC Founder

NO HALVES!

Players:

Geek - 201 / 180 / 21

Fat - 209 / 180 / 29

Bub - 228 / 195 / 33

SJ - ? / ? / ~40

Playaa - 275 / 225 / 50

Soul - 230 / 180 / 50

Mini - 318 / 260 / 58

Shaft - 260 / 180 / 80

Investors:Clueless (20)

ScubaDan (20)

Typefrag (100)

Dingy (20)

Mohawk (50 to charity)

Soul (extra 10 to pool)

Bushmaster (20)

How about we'll give people until tomorrow at the latest to get in on the fun.....I will finalize the teams tomorrow night.

I'm thinking about taking some of the investment and splitting it amongst the winning team to make the team thing a bit more rewarding.....but of course the winner will still get a nice chunk.Players / investors: any thoughts on this?

For example, right now we have $170 pledged. We could, as it stands, take 80 of that and give each winning player 20....meaning they get 30 total...and then the winner 90...meaning he would get 120 total...

This changes with more pledges and/or players that come in over the next day. You guys ok with something like this? If you really don't care and just want to get to business, I'll appreciate your trust in managing the details. I don't want to make the focus the cash......I want the focus to be encouragement....I want everyone who starts to stick it out for 15 weeks....all the way!

PS. 2 consecutive no-shows (not posting, weighing in, etc) will mean yer out....hope we don't have that problem.

I can DONATE $10 to the GC SLIMFEST.

Will do just that when I get home later today.

Side note:

Would be willing to set up a workout to gain weight one if there is enough ppl involved.

G'luck to all and remember that you should be creating good healthy eating habits that will last longer than this competition!!