BIGGEST LOSER GC!!

Fatty

GC Founder

Donations can come in whenever...I'll mark them paid here as they arrive.

Bub pointed out so I'll make sure it's clear....the BL doesn't have to be on the winning team.

Players:

Geek - 201 / 180 / 21

Fat - 209 / 180 / 29

Bub - 230 / 195 / 35

SJ - ? / ? / ~40

Playaa - 275 / 225 / 50

Soul - 230 / 180 / 50

Mini - 318 / 260 / 58

Shaft - 260 / 180 / 80

Investors:

Clueless (20)

ScubaDan (20)

Typefrag (100)

Dingy (20)

Mohawk (50 to charity)

Soul (extra 10 to pool)

Bushmaster (20)

Zester (10)

• Replies 151
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I'm looking to cut my cholesterol and lose some weight in the process. This could be some good motivation.

I took a blood test about 1 month ago and my trigycerides were 8X the normal limit.....so i thought a change in diet was in order. So I've cut out red meat, pork, and sugar. I eat mostly fish, fruits and veggies now, but now I would like to add-in a workout routine. And this contest would be a good push for me to start excersizing more.

Here are my stats:

5'9"

30 yrs old

(not sure where I really want to end up wieght-wise, cause I'd like to pack on some muscle as well) for now I'll say 200

Also, on a side note, I have a doctor nutritionist friend, and I told her about this contest. And while she appluads the effort to be more healthy, she was saying that losing more than 1lb a week is not really that healthy for longterm effective weightloss. What is your experience with this kind of rapid weight loss? Seems like ideally, we'd all lose 15 pounds in a 15 week event.

Edited by lazarus

I've always heard 2lbs a week, but if she is in the business then she probably knows better than I. As Fat pointed out to me, the goal # isn't what you want to lose in the 15 weeks, its where you think you should be overall. Its a way for him to gage how much you have to lose in the total process to help him make the teams as even as possible. As long as you eat a decent amount and exercise I think its a healthy weight loss though. Its when people start taking diuretics and starving themselves that unhealthy weight loss occurs. If you've been in the workout or nutrition business at all you know that starving yourself actually hurts your weightloss and with diuretics you're just tinkleing all of your water out of your system which isn't healthy either.

The more you have to lose, usually the faster your initial weight loss will be. That's why he's going by % instead of lbs.

GC Founder

Yea, my target will be 2 lbs / week. That would be beyond my full goal actually....so if i lose a pound or two each week I'll be very content.]

As far as gaining weight back....well, I am living proof that if you stop exercising and go back to the lifestyle you had before...the weight comes back. Most of us can attest to that.

I hope that we can all find some steady loss here and lose a bunch of weight as a group....would be great to lose an entire 200 lb person and ban him from GC.....like, Fatty2.....

Players:

Geek - 201 / 180 / 21

Lazarus - 225 / 200 / 25

Fat - 209 / 180 / 29

Bub - 230 / 195 / 35

SJ - ? / ? / ~40

Playaa - 275 / 225 / 50

Soul - 230 / 180 / 50

Mini - 318 / 260 / 58

Shaft - 260 / 180 / 80

Investors:

Clueless (20)

ScubaDan (20)

Typefrag (100)

Dingy (20)

Mohawk (50 to charity)

Soul (extra 10 to pool)

Bushmaster (20)

Zester (10)

GC Founder

Players:

Geek - 201 / 180 / 21

Lazarus - 225 / 200 / 25

Wentz - 190 / 165 / 25

Fat - 209 / 180 / 29

Bub - 230 / 195 / 35

SJ - ? / ? / ~40

Playaa - 275 / 225 / 50

Soul - 230 / 180 / 50

Mini - 318 / 260 / 58

Shaft - 260 / 180 / 80

Investors:

Clueless (20)

ScubaDan (20)

Typefrag (100)

Dingy (20)

Mohawk (50 to charity)

Soul (extra 20 to pool)

Bushmaster (20)

Zester (10) PAID

Wentz (10)

I like the team split paying plan you had on page 1 fatty.

So are we going to pay at the end of the contest? And what is the official start date?

Right now I have strep throat. I'm not going to exercise until I get better. I am losing weight though, 5 pounds in a week. Easy when your fever is 102 and you cant eat :(

Edited by TheGeek

GC Founder

Today / tomorrow is first weigh in.....so, um, we've already started....sorta.

Is your weight posted above before or after you were sick? It should be your present weight. Don't know what to tell you if you're down 5 lbs now due to sickness...<shrugs>

As far as the teams go, we're going to wait until tomorrow night to see if anyone else wants to jump in with us.

Is your weight posted above before or after you were sick? It should be your present weight. Don't know what to tell you if you're down 5 lbs now due to sickness...<shrugs>

The weight I posted is my present weight.

I just wanted to let you know I have a disadvantage for a week. Losing those 5 pounds made me very weak.

I cant wait to see who's team I'm on.

GC Founder

PLEASE TELL ME WHO YOU ARE WHEN YOU GUYS PAYPAL ME!!! I wish I knew everyone by their first name....but I just don't......

Money is not necessary at this time, btw.....we have plenty of time. If you want to send it, that's fine too.

Ok, Soul, thanks!

I will paypal after my golf vacation this next week (5 days in Myrtle and out of this cold Michigan weather).

Current weight, as of 7am this morning - 231. I will send the classic "fatman wearing a banana hammock" picture this weekend. :)

This kinda sucks though - I leave on vacation the week this starts....luckily we are on a liquid diet most of the week while golfing!

(5 days in Myrtle and out of this cold Michigan weather).

NICE....I wanna go :(

I used to go every year...one of my favorite courses is Kings North, that Arnold Palmer course.....love the floating green hole properly named "The Gambler" :D....which I always went for....I wasnt driving 650 miles to lay up, lol.

Have a good time dude, hope the weather is great!

This is our first year playing King's North Clueless - looking forward to it - we play it an hour after we land Wednesday. This is our 3rd year going - $450 for 7 rounds and a condo for the whole time....really cannot beat the price.

Wow...thats a great price...we used to spend a few hundred more than that and we were staying in a hotel...have fun!!

GC Founder

I'll post the teams tonight at, let's say 10 PM. Ordered by the ultimate goal, the teams will be every other person on a team....starting at the top of the list....

The last number is your ultimate goal....NOT the goal for these 15 weeks.....

Did any of you guys think of this as 105 days? Here's to keeping each other going for a long time!

After platform tennis we went inside today and I normally hit a double packet hot chocoloate.....just did hot tea this time.....

Someone wanna do the stone conversion for SJ?

Can I get in???? Sorry, i just did the whole join GC thing, just saw this post. You can put me down for the losing weight part of it. I'll contrib 20 for my tardiness! I'm at 192 right now and i'd like to get to 175. Thanks

Butters

GC Founder

Players:

Butters: 192 / 175 / 17

Geek - 201 / 180 / 21

Lazarus - 225 / 200 / 25

Wentz - 190 / 165 / 25

Fat - 209 / 180 / 29

Bub - 230 / 195 / 35

SJ - 252 / 212 / 40

Playaa - 275 / 225 / 50

Soul - 230 / 180 / 50