Awesome Completed Buy/Sell/Trades

Preacher

Good idea Preacher!

mohawk sent me a sweet Nixon watch. He packed it very well (lots of padding/paper), saved on border taxes, and there was no way anyone was going to get into the outer box without a sharp knife! I only wish he could have packed me some warmer weather too at the time, but I settled on being just happy with the watch :)

I also got 2 HDDs from Tek. Packed very well, worked perfect, no complaints at all!

I also traded Preacher a while ago a game for a pci fan. Fan worked great and the transfer was nice and quick.

I wouldn't hesitate to deal with these three guys again.

Edited by DarkArchon

This one goes to Preach!

UPS destroyed the package he sent to me and the receiver I bought was trashed. We agreed to try to get my money back through UPS as it was insured--however, UPS sucks and wouldn't work with us at all. A while later Preach gets his tax return and sends me the money I lost in the venture despite me telling him not to. :)

It was a good thing to do--so three cheers for Preach!

• 3 months later...

I would have continued to harass UPS and would have gotten the case elevated. Glad everything turned out well for you though. Preach is a stand up guy so him doing that isn't a surprise to me. I ordered a case/mobo from Preach several years back and got it shiped USPS w/insurance and the case arrived all busted up. I went to the post office to get my money back on it as where the case was busted, you could see the box had been banged a bit and the guy I talked to said that the box wasn't damaged enough for them to accept it. He said I should take it home and, "and you didn't hear this from me", make the box damage more obvious. I did that, came back the next day and got him again and he happily gave me the insurance money.

Edited by dwEEziL

This one goes to Preach!

UPS destroyed the package he sent to me and the receiver I bought was trashed. We agreed to try to get my money back through UPS as it was insured--however, UPS sucks and wouldn't work with us at all. A while later Preach gets his tax return and sends me the money I lost in the venture despite me telling him not to. :)

It was a good thing to do--so three cheers for Preach!

Post up about this at www.consumerist.com

yea man, I bought a cable modem off preach a few years back. I never got it to work, then realized last year that I never notified the cable company about a mac address change. Anyway, I think my middle name was "fluffy pants" or something like that. I lived in an apartment complex and there was nothing but hot chicks working in the main office. So yea, I had to go in there and ask for the package.. Im sure they thought I was the coolest guy in the complex.

I've got props for ZD who bought my PS2 last fall.

After working out a fair price for everything, we arranged a payment schedule since he couldn't afford it all at once at the time. After making the first payment on shipping, he sent the second one true to his word 10 days later. I was a little apprehensive about shipping my stuff out without getting full payment first, but he proved trustworthy and I appreciated his honesty and for taking the PS2 off my hands.

Thanks again!

I've got props for ZD who bought my PS2 last fall.

After working out a fair price for everything, we arranged a payment schedule since he couldn't afford it all at once at the time. After making the first payment on shipping, he sent the second one true to his word 10 days later. I was a little apprehensive about shipping my stuff out without getting full payment first, but he proved trustworthy and I appreciated his honesty and for taking the PS2 off my hands.

Thanks again!

Yeah, in that 10 day period, he probably sold it for more on eBay and kept the difference. :D

• 3 months later...

Lazarus (not to be confused with Laz.e.rus) hooked me up with a Playstation 2 with rockband w/ all the stuff, a bunch of guitar hero games w/ guitars and everything was in perfect condition, packed and shipped right. He is an honorable fella who goes way above and beyond for his friends and I am honored to be counted among them.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 5 months later...
  • 6 months later...

I recently bought a few items from Preacher - an 8400 CPU, 4 GB of DDR2 ram, and a modular PSU.

Preach was a little bit of a jerk to me:

He got me the stuff RIGHT away. He had to ship it via postal service, and this cost him much more than expected - but did it anyway right away.

He included more than I had paid for. That means he also threw in a snickers bar (my favourite actually! is he stalking?) a game, extra cables, cable management velcro straps, a heatsink, AND a motherboard (that is usable as a paperweight - a very beautifully blue paperweight).

He DIDN'T put anything embarrassing on the box.

What could this mean? Preacher is getting softer as he break into the 65-year-old club? (I know, I know, he's only 62).

Awesome experience doing business with preacher!

• 1 year later...
  • 2 months later...