Video Card deals!

ZeroDamage

I'm going from two 7800GTs in SLI mode to this. AND I get to just stick the 2 7800GTs back into the box I took them from when I built this one.

My only issue now is whether I move my gaming rig to 64bit Vista. I'm currently running XP with 4GB of Ram (thanks to the vid cards and such, only about 3GB gets recognized). Now I'll be getting a DX10-capable card so I have a real reason to move to Vista. Also, I'm curious to see Crysis in DX10.

Edited by dwEEziL

Now the 9600gt cards are little cheap but have a few less stream processors but higher clock and core speeds...is the 8800 cards better or is the 9600 about the same just a little cheaper..

What are the 9600 cards for then??

So if I am going from one 7800 card to this that would be a big increase?

(edited)
What are the 9600 cards for then??

So if I am going from one 7800 card to this that would be a big increase?

The stream processors are quite important, so that is what is really limiting the card.

I think the 9600s are to compete with ATI's cards (AMD I guess).

Yeah, you'll notice a HUGE difference going to an 8800GT or GTS from the 7800. I went from a 7900GTX and I noticed a huge difference.

And for Allanon and Voodoo, what could you possibly need 2 8800GTX's for? :P You have better cards than me and I dont need any extra power than what I have playing UT3, COD4, and Crysis looks just fine on high @ 1920x1200.

Edited by DarkArchon

The 8800gt is better than the 9600 gt. Keep that in mind when you are purchasing. The 8800gt is very close to the 8800gtx, within 5-10% performance. Sometimes closer due to the speed of the shaders being almost 100 higher than that of the gtx although there are 16 fewer.

both of them are on the market.. i believe i have original box for 1 of them

now i have to upgrade my 4400+.. don't want to a complete mobo/ram/psu.. so thinking of just throwing the 5000+ or 6400+ in.. thoughts?

now i have to upgrade my 4400+.. don't want to a complete mobo/ram/psu.. so thinking of just throwing the 5000+ or 6400+ in.. thoughts?

a nice opty?

If you're already AM2 that's what I'd do. If you're 939 I wouldnt. :)