Hola

Rashad

Stopping in to say hi. The last year has been an enlightening transition for me. I dropped out of UWW and took some time off, January – September 2007. Being out of school was torture. I don’t think I’ve ever felt so miserable; it’s hard to put into words. During that nine-month period all I could think about was getting back into school. I applied to a private school in Madisonâ€â€Herzing College. I began classes there this past September, close to finishing my second semester. I’m going for my bachelor’s degree in Public Safety and Homeland Security. My grades are excellent and I’m vice-president of our student council, which surprises even me because at UWW my grades were terrible and I was anti-social. I felt lost and uncertain of myself for the last couple years, but I believe that I have chosen the appropriate path.

It’s nice to see all the friendly faces,

Rashad

(edited)

HEYHEY! Im glad you're doing better now. Just keep going for that B/A. As long as you don't give up, you'll earn it!

I just graduated with my B/A last Dec... now im jobless. weeeeeeee

Edited by YoMamma

Public Safety and Homeland Security.

They offer degrees in homeland security!???

I remember hearing about this... it's still a very new degree. I think your first act should be to arrest Mo... he's been spent too much time on our American run CSS servers and forums!

It's a really cool program. All of my professors have or had careers in law enforcement, firefighting, emergency management, etc. Most of them have about 30 years of experience in their field, and teaching college students is their part-time or retirement job. One of my favorite professors is currently the fire chief for a local municipality. He took us to his fire station and let us play with all the fire equipment from the fire trucks, he even let us use the thermal imaging cameras!