Suggestions

nut

Here is where you guys can post some ideas for workouts... and suggestions to fellow people that are working out... so they can reach there goals faster and better.

----------------------------------

Do it in this format:

Suggestion:

Do core lifts frequently (Squats, Bench and Hang cleans) because those work a big group of your muscles all at once and increase your strength exponentially.

Suggestion:

STRETCH!!!! Before you workout AND after. It will minimize your soreness and the potential for injury.

Stay active, we want this workout and it's habits to follow us past the competition.

Drink plenty of fluids, especially water!

If taking protein shakes, whether it be 1, 2, or 3 a day... Always drink one in the 30 minutes after a workout. I suggest one in the morning, after workout, and a snack after dinner. (I know I'll be doing 2 a day.)

• 3 weeks later...

Long distance would keep your hear rate at a lower value which is better for fat burning as long as its not to low. Sprinting ususually pushes you hear rate into the cardio zone. Plus long distance usually you are keeping the hear rate elevated for a longer time. Look at the tredmill next time you goto the gym the ususally have a target heart rate for what you are looking to do.

nut
Long distance would keep your hear rate at a lower value which is better for fat burning as long as its not to low. Sprinting ususually pushes you hear rate into the cardio zone. Plus long distance usually you are keeping the hear rate elevated for a longer time. Look at the tredmill next time you goto the gym the ususally have a target heart rate for what you are looking to do.

perfectly answered... long distance is better in my opinion.. because your heart rate is constant for a long period of time. You'll burn more doing long distance

• 4 weeks later...
nut

yeah... i am going to start to do little run's and try to get my endurance up. Long distance is sooooo good for you and it gets soooo benifical.