Diets/Progress how is your work out?

nut

Another topic where you can talk about how your workouts are going and... in which you can explain to people what you eat... how your trying to stay healthy.. and what multi-vitamins, protein shakes/pills, and aids you use! This an informative and positive place where people can post what they did in there work out day... how they feel... if they feel theres some mad progress...

got sick on Wensday stayed home Thursday... and been sick for a while with the stomach flu.. lost about 10 lbs.. lol. sooo my working out for this pre-week has been limited.. mainly its just been cardio.. shooting some bball.

Not really much for me to say here yet. My progress just started. I got my pics up and feel pumped to get started. My g/f enjoys taking the pics, so I def. can't wait to see some differences!

She loves to eat healthy, so we'll be eating healthy together.

Only soda on friday nights with pizza or in liqour... and Saturday nights. (Usually only 1 can a night too.)

still not much progress but its always been a slow build over the years so i'm not surprised or anything, i did change my diet to involve eating all of my carbs before 2 oclock in the afternoon and then after mostly protein and other stuff, its a program i've picked up from a nutrition book i own and might aswell try it out, i've completely cut unatural sugar from my diet these days and a couple years back i started taking the trans fats and saturated fats away.. i cant remember the last time i ate a potato chip or drank a coke its been so freakin long

• 2 weeks later...
i'm kinda thinkin i might rock a fat burner for a bit in the summer to cut some excess weight off/look ripped, problem is finding a good one thats not loaded with crap, most are just scams

yeah for sure... when i think about it now... i think i should just work work work hard... and sculpt my body and gain the weight naturally... i might dabble with the weight gainers later... but mainly i do some protein shakes when i go to 24 hr fit...

need to get on a multivit!

• 1 month later...

:wavey:

hello everyone(if anyone's still around) Im back. I stopped going to the gym in early February. I was a complete newb to the workout scene when I started back in September. I ended up making impressive strength gains. Went from benching 80x7 on my first day to my max which ended up being 150x2. I went from 142 to 163 lbs also.

Well.. here I sit 3-4 months after I stopped going, I lost every bit of weight I put on and I have lost alot of my strength. Yesterday was my first attempt back and I took it fairly easy, my arms are pretty sore today though and I wasn't doing near the weight I was when I stopped.

The reason Im responding in this thread is that because my last go around at this, it took me 2 months before I realized what you eat is more important than just going and working out..... If you don't eat right, then you will be wasting your time at the gym. If you are like myself (tall and skinny), eating is everything to do with gaining mass.

Now onto the diet.....

I started my diet back 3 days ago. I try to at least eat 3000 calories a day. The more the better. It doesn't matter what it is, eat anything and everything. If your hitting the gym like you should, you will need all the energy there and when your asleep, your body needs fuel to grow. Contrary to what people say, you do need fat in your diet to gain muscle, you need everything.

As we all know protein is the one everyone looks at. I never accomplish it, but 2g for each lbs of body weight is what people tell me to shoot for. I try to at least eat my body weight in grams of protein. I also eat alot of tuna. I believe a can has about 21 grams and I try to eat one of these every day or so.

Protein shakes, there is only 1 protein shake worth getting. Well its a weight gainer. Cyto-gainer LINK. It's very important in my diet and adds at least 1200 calories a day to it. It's packed with everything from protein to carbs. I have probably gone through 5 containers of this. Luckily I found about 3/4 of a container left over in my cabinets. It mixes well and tastes good. Mix it with milk and you get about 900 calories in one serving if you can intake all of it. I usually only make 12 ounces rather than 16 and mix in some bananas and nuts for better taste.

Carbs - This is what helped me put on the mass. This is what fuels you and give you energy for the gym, any unused carbs usually ends up being put on the body as mass. I usually stock up on yogurts and pasta when I go to the grocery store.

I attempt to eat about 5 times a day, not HUGE amounts though. One of those I try to make a good protien meal and the other a good carb meal, I'll also take in as much snacks as I can. Mostly fruits(if I can)

There are only two types of drinks I drink. Juice and water. Only because juice gives you a few more calories during meals. I completely stay away from everything else. I also drink ALOT of water, I have a 52oz mug I fill up every morning and I drink that all day at work and only drink water when I get home also.

Well, I just thought I'd stop by and share some of my experience with everyone, maybe I can offer some good advice or find some information that will help me also.

weight in 3 days ago 144

weight in last night 147

Edited by NOFX

Glad to see you are back on the wagon NOFX!

:luxhello:

I think im going to try your recommended shake mix too.

Keep on it, now that yer going again. I just make it part of my daily schedule.

:wavey:

hello everyone(if anyone's still around) Im back. I stopped going to the gym in early February. I was a complete newb to the workout scene when I started back in September. I ended up making impressive strength gains. Went from benching 80x7 on my first day to my max which ended up being 150x2. I went from 142 to 163 lbs also.

Well.. here I sit 3-4 months after I stopped going, I lost every bit of weight I put on and I have lost alot of my strength. Yesterday was my first attempt back and I took it fairly easy, my arms are pretty sore today though and I wasn't doing near the weight I was when I stopped.

The reason Im responding in this thread is that because my last go around at this, it took me 2 months before I realized what you eat is more important than just going and working out..... If you don't eat right, then you will be wasting your time at the gym. If you are like myself (tall and skinny), eating is everything to do with gaining mass.

Now onto the diet.....

I started my diet back 3 days ago. I try to at least eat 3000 calories a day. The more the better. It doesn't matter what it is, eat anything and everything. If your hitting the gym like you should, you will need all the energy there and when your asleep, your body needs fuel to grow. Contrary to what people say, you do need fat in your diet to gain muscle, you need everything.

As we all know protein is the one everyone looks at. I never accomplish it, but 2g for each lbs of body weight is what people tell me to shoot for. I try to at least eat my body weight in grams of protein. I also eat alot of tuna. I believe a can has about 21 grams and I try to eat one of these every day or so.

Protein shakes, there is only 1 protein shake worth getting. Well its a weight gainer. Cyto-gainer LINK. It's very important in my diet and adds at least 1200 calories a day to it. It's packed with everything from protein to carbs. I have probably gone through 5 containers of this. Luckily I found about 3/4 of a container left over in my cabinets. It mixes well and tastes good. Mix it with milk and you get about 900 calories in one serving if you can intake all of it. I usually only make 12 ounces rather than 16 and mix in some bananas and nuts for better taste.

Carbs - This is what helped me put on the mass. This is what fuels you and give you energy for the gym, any unused carbs usually ends up being put on the body as mass. I usually stock up on yogurts and pasta when I go to the grocery store.

I attempt to eat about 5 times a day, not HUGE amounts though. One of those I try to make a good protien meal and the other a good carb meal, I'll also take in as much snacks as I can. Mostly fruits(if I can)

There are only two types of drinks I drink. Juice and water. Only because juice gives you a few more calories during meals. I completely stay away from everything else. I also drink ALOT of water, I have a 52oz mug I fill up every morning and I drink that all day at work and only drink water when I get home also.

Well, I just thought I'd stop by and share some of my experience with everyone, maybe I can offer some good advice or find some information that will help me also.

weight in 3 days ago 144

weight in last night 147

good good.. good to see ya back and KEEP working out! Try to eat multipul times a day... 6-7-8 times. Work out a lot. and just keep going.

Your diet regardless of what you weigh is VERY important. You say your just eating whatever you want for your 3000cal/day diet.. don't get to into the cheeseburgers. Not all fats are beneficial.. and stuffing your mouth with crap is highly cautioned.

eat healthy, feel healthy, be healthy.

Welcome back