Noticing your Lifestyle Changes??

Fatty

Ok, today I kinda shocked myself....to the kids to Bob's Big Boy for a buffet breakfast....you know, endless sausage gravy over biscuits, eggs, waffles, whatever you want.....at least on the way I was thinking to myself: "ok, 6 days from the next weigh in...enjoy a meal...indulge a bit." Welp, as I served my kids their plates from the buffet, I was able to scan and take it all in. In the end, here's what I ate: a bowl of cream of broccoli soup, two bowls of cabbage soup (already did a number on me), and a nice salad. Instead of thinking "I'm going to get my money's worth" I enjoyed a nice meal from lots of choices. Strange.

Another thing I've been doing is sharing my breakfast with my students. I'll get a bagle from the cafeteria, eat half, and then find out who hasn't had breakfast that morning and give someone the other half. 2 for 1 breakfast pizzas means I get one and someone else gets one as well, instead of two for me.

What have you noticed changing in your lifestyle?

DNA
(edited)

I have noticed more of a routine in my eating habits and what I eat. I vary the lunch and dinner, but I have really come to love my oatmeal in the morning. I also find that because of the limiting myself in the whole indulging thing i really enjoy the LITTLE treats I give myself with other foods.I make sure that I almost always now red the back of whatever I eat no matter how many times I eat it so I can reinforce it to myself what is good and what is NOT.My GF has also lost 3 lbs just because I have changed what we eat for dinner. She loves the weight loss by association, but now all her co-workers want to move in also. :)Life STYLE change is truly what I feel is going on, and I really am proud of myself and you guys for making the change...TTW....Thin to Win

Edited by DNA

I haven't noticed any life style changes since we started this thing...most of my life style changes came in the past when I stopped drinking soda and started attempting to eat healthier. However, I've already hit my wall as far as simple diet change can take me. I either need to work out or massively change my diet.

Don't think I'm going to enjoy this too much...but I need it.

No change for me yet... My life style at the moment is pretty fast pace. Um from thursday! quizno's for lunch, taco bell for dinner. Friday night, did a pizza. Saturday fresh fish fry (YUM, but really bad!)+ fries Sunday Steak fajilta's (homemade, so not that bad) Yesterday, Taco John's stuffed burrito +little hash browns (holy horrible!!!). and Tonight, low fat chicken alfrado and a salad (homemade, so not horrible), then tonight applebee's. I need to get off this eating out kick!

Yeah I know it should be easy for me at the beginning but finding a time/place to work out is a huge hassle. I live out in the country (where it's cold, rainy and muddy currently) and there are no gyms in my area. I own a crappy weight bench but lifting weights has never worked out for me (screws up my back big time). There is a treadmill in my house, but it's so cheap that the motors can't move the conveyer belt when I'm on it. Most of my "working out" has been running "suicides" up and down my hallway...but even doing that, I'm so out of shape that my legs stop working long before I can build up a sweat.

As far as my diet goes, I eat either a banana or a breakfast sandwich (prepared in the work cafeteria from real eggs bacon and cheese) for breakfast, then lunch is a salad and dinner is usually a piece of grilled chicken. I'm not sure what to do about the diet other than that.

GC Founder

Playaa, go rent, um, what is it....rocky V? Dunnno, the one where he went to a cabin in the tundra somewhere.

I also want a picture of you punching a slab of beef....not sure if that was that movie or not, but it's gotta do something...at least give you some manpoints.

playaa, don't do too much too quickly.

step 1. I started out with changing my diet. cut out red meat/pork, and I get 1 cheat day every 2 weeks. Now, you can vary this up. Have a cheat weekend, or one day on the weekend. Something you can manage. You have to slowly ween yourself off.

step 2. (this is the step I'm currently in) I have started WALKING a mile everyday. I come home from work, change and walk 1/2 mile, turn around and come back. It's not that hard, and it takes maybe 20 minutes. On this step, you could walk a mile everyday or everyother day, or just on Mon, Wed, Fri. Find something you're comfortable with.

step 3. light work out. Light weight lifting and a little running. Nothing more than 1 mile run/walk, and some light free weights.

step 4. real work out. running and weights.

Now, each of these steps takes a while, and if you really want to keep the weight off, you have to make a lifestyle change. Baby steps, man, baby steps. Do something slightly uncomfortable, until it becomes routine, then push yourself a LITTLE harder.

Some people can really start working out hard and keep it up for a while. I'm a guy who needs to ease into it. You won't see results immediately, but slowly and surely, you'll slow down the weight gain, and start to reverse direction.

playaa, don't do too much too quickly.

step 1. I started out with changing my diet. cut out red meat/pork, and I get 1 cheat day every 2 weeks. Now, you can vary this up. Have a cheat weekend, or one day on the weekend. Something you can manage. You have to slowly ween yourself off.

step 2. (this is the step I'm currently in) I have started WALKING a mile everyday. I come home from work, change and walk 1/2 mile, turn around and come back. It's not that hard, and it takes maybe 20 minutes. On this step, you could walk a mile everyday or everyother day, or just on Mon, Wed, Fri. Find something you're comfortable with.

step 3. light work out. Light weight lifting and a little running. Nothing more than 1 mile run/walk, and some light free weights.

step 4. real work out. running and weights.

Now, each of these steps takes a while, and if you really want to keep the weight off, you have to make a lifestyle change. Baby steps, man, baby steps. Do something slightly uncomfortable, until it becomes routine, then push yourself a LITTLE harder.

Some people can really start working out hard and keep it up for a while. I'm a guy who needs to ease into it. You won't see results immediately, but slowly and surely, you'll slow down the weight gain, and start to reverse direction.

Good steps laz I could not agrre more...the big thin with walking or ruuning is really the distance but the time...Should make sure do atleast 30 min get you body to state in which it burns cals.

Keep up the work Laz...