Robbed.

Xoul

Hey everyone. Tonight my wifes car was robbed. They busted out a window stole thousands of dollars worth of cds, Credit cards(maxed them out),and an expensive digital camera. If anyone would care to help out, because the damn car insurance company refuses to help replace items in the care only the WINDOW, please send any donations you can to dudesoul@yahoo.com through paypal. Ty.

Edited by Xoul

(edited)
Wow dude, that REALLY sucks!!! Did they find the guys at all?

Do they ever? They took money off the cards at an ATM. I didn't even know you could do that....

Edited by Xoul

unless they had the pin number they couldn't use it at an atm. You may want to look closer to home there bud. Also if it had a mastercard or visa logo on the cards they are covered by your fraud protection with the banks that issues them.

cannot use any ATM that is connected to the regular networks like Cirrus unless you enter the PIN. They can use any CC or DC at any gas pump or walmart without showing the card or ID. Also any ATM they try at should take a nice picture of them.

Someone broke into my car 2 summers ago.

and someone else broke into my girlfriend's house last summer

I know the feeling....

The insurance companies won't cover any "loose items." If it's not attached to the car they refuse to cover it. I hate insurance companies. I only had a $400 radar detector stolen from me (plus a broken window). Sounds like your thieves had more time to grab more items. When they hit my car, I was only away from it for about 20min, so it just goes to show you that no matter how little time you leave your car alone it's always vulnerable.

Sorry to hear that! I hope you can dispute the charges with the bank...

Someone broke into my car 2 summers ago.

and someone else broke into my girlfriend's house last summer

I know the feeling....

The insurance companies won't cover any "loose items." If it's not attached to the car they refuse to cover it. I hate insurance companies. I only had a $400 radar detector stolen from me (plus a broken window). Sounds like your thieves had more time to grab more items. When they hit my car, I was only away from it for about 20min, so it just goes to show you that no matter how little time you leave your car alone it's always vulnerable.

Man! Where were you at when that happened? You live 1 town over from me.

Man! Where were you at when that happened? You live 1 town over from me.

I was at Streets of Woodfield (Schaumburg) when my car was broken into 2 years ago.

The thieves broke into my girlfriend's house also in Schaumburg last summer.

That is horrible... I learned after my car was busted into and about 100 CD's stolen, not to leave ANYTHING valuable in your car, even in a safe area.

Like said above pretty much no car insurance that I know of will cover random stuff in a car, but homeowners might. I can get cash advances off my CC's from ATM's but you need a PIN number to do it. If it was really done at an ATM they should have video of it.

Hopefully they catch the trashbags.

More importantly.. hundred's of dollars in cds?? People still buy those?

If they used an ATM to cash advance for the credit cards, they are on camera and your credit card company will not hold you liable.

I never lock my doors and I sometimes leave my windows down. What are you going to steal from my truck? An old cd player that I never use? Seriously they need to put bluetooth on all units now. It would be much easier if I could just pull the songs off my phone.