Week #9

Mini_Me

on the road this week, which always makes things harder (food choice wise) as I expense all meals, so why not have that 16oz ribeye!?

anyways hotel's fitness center is under repair so they have passes to local gym which is great. havent been to a full gym in some time, so killed myself yesterday with back/bicept workout, tonight will do chest/tri then weds legs. plus with all the cardio equipment available did another 20 minutes after lifting...plus the views....were um...very nice. windows to the green forest landscape....mountains in the background....um yeah... :boing:

so i bet weight wise I will stay even this week as I havent really lifted hard this whole contest, but I know it will do good overall.

whatchya doing this week?

Good to hear Mini!! Those "views" are nice, such open spaces and mountains with tree tops..ohhhh yes.. ;)

I am back from mexico and did a weight check this AM and things are not good, I am in need to 3x the rest of this week to drop a lb or two.

I really ate soooo much, and drank sooooooo much more.

Now I have a question for you all...??

Since I have changed the diet and lost the weight I have been noticing a change in my "movements", yes I said it. We will call them BM's from now on...

My BM's have greatly descreased to the point of only having one every 3-5 days and there is not much there. Have any of you noticed the same? I have increased my fiber and water intake and really am trying to make sure I keep the pipes moving but something seems to be off. Have you ever tried some of those probiotics, and do they help? Suggestions???

Well I hope everyone is keeping it up and hope to see some weight come off the board this week from all of us!

Hmm, 3-5 days seems odd. I believe I had some very hard stools before I settled into a diet and figured out how much fiber I needed. If this is the case, don't learn the hard way (like I did), e.g. eventually it can turn red, and thats not good. You might try to increase intake of RAW vegetables ... and of course water to go with. Many diets consider raw vegetables, such as broccoli to be free (you have to count any dressing you use). How much extra fiber are you getting (in terms of grams)? Maybe you're not having as much extra as you think.

You might consider taking a fiber additive .... something that mixes with a drink (they're pretty gross) but the fiber pills are spendy and don't add much fiber to your diet. I would not take a laxative, unless you're at the stage I mentioned before.

Good luck to you guys :)

I suggest alot of fruit to get things moving. My wife is kinda the same way, so she gobbles down apples, pineapples, oranges, etc. Eating alot of fiber will clean your insides, but not necessarily make things come out any better. Try a good mixute of fruit and fiber.

Nope, that's normal. Funny, I thought of posting about this a while back. It's simple....think about all the "waste" we normally have. If you're using up the the food you take in, you waste less. I made a comment to Amy once after a few days had gone by. Big ole events just mean you obviously ate way more than you could burn up.

edit: I say normal only because I experienced the exact same thing. So, if it happened to two, it must be normal. :D Not backed up, just not wasting as much.

So I never intended to work out as hard as some of you have but I will say that I think I've discovered the best thing for me. I bought a ping-pong table and another fat friend of mine has been coming over every night after work for 30-40 minutes of playing. We're both moderately skilled so the games get intense and when two fat dudes move that much...there is weight to be burned. We seriously raised the temperature in the room by about 15 degrees yesterday.

Nope, that's normal. Funny, I thought of posting about this a while back. It's simple....think about all the "waste" we normally have. If you're using up the the food you take in, you waste less. I made a comment to Amy once after a few days had gone by. Big ole events just mean you obviously ate way more than you could burn up.

edit: I say normal only because I experienced the exact same thing. So, if it happened to two, it must be normal. :D Not backed up, just not wasting as much.

I was thinking the same thing, but I have become so use to sitting down for a 10 minute break and read my Time, but it just was not there. I never really feel backed up but just like...come on there must be something there right..???

i am glad I am not the only that has had question :)

I got my new cookware (Circulon) and have made some killer fish and stirfry the last couple of days, with some great spice you can make Talpia taste incredible...do some steamed veggies and you got yourself some good dinner.

Playaa! That's awesome!

Mini and I used to just get into wars instead of games...

Discovered the downside to my plan. 2 near-300lb men running around smacking a small ball back and forth can be a problem when one of them trips and falls through a sliding glass patio door. His impact broke the glass on both doors. Luckily he is ok, but my checkbook is about to cry. :(