Week #10

Mini_Me

still sore from last weeks weight training...never thought it could last that long, but man....

new motivation for me as we will be taking the family down to Orlando the week of 5/12, so less then a month to drop some more weight. even though I am quite happy with my progress (should be in the 280s here in a few days), Im still 280!?!? freaking lbs.

so...will continue treadmill and bike rides with girls and when that time comes that I just dont feel like working out....I'll picture Minnie Mouse not being attracted to my shapely mid-section. ...Its all about the ladies...

Keep it up Mini, I hear Minnie is quite demanding!!! Nice Sig too, are the three fat chicks you, fatty, and Duke? HE HE HE....I might have to throw one of those in my sig.

This week is starting out much better than last. I got 2 workouts in all of last week due to feeling under the weather. Had the in-laws up over the weekend and we went down to Amish Country. Hit a huge buffet and the fam purchased lots of cheese and wine while we were down there. Everyone was amazed that I only went through the buffet line once, good for me. Although I couldn't resist a slice of the peanut butter cream pie....everything in moderation. Purchased 4 bottles of wine from a winery down there but actually only had the equvalent of 2 glasses the whole weekend. Then actually got a workout going again last night and it felt good. Everything was clicking and right on. I'm still holding on to the idea I could reach my goal in the next 5 weeks but its going to be difficult, that would mean 13 lbs in 5 weeks and I'll be honest, I'm already lookin thin. Wife swears she doesn't know where it will come from if I lose another 13 lbs. But wives have to say that right???? Fatty has been real supportive, always pointing out to people at church how thin I am, makes me feel good. Some day I'll actually be that supportive for him too...lmao, thanks fat.

Anyway, I've made myself my next goal too. I'm not much of a runner. The majority of my exercise is on a bike or an elliptical but our church is hosting a 4-mile run later in the summer and my next goal is to not only be able to run the 4 miles but to do it in a decent time!!! Here's to continuing this push and working towards the next one.

Oh, and I don't know if it has anything to do with my weight, but my golf game is getting better too!!! Shot a 55 on 9 Saturday, Bogie, Double Bogie, Bogie, Bogie (on the green in 1 and 3-putted arg) on the last 4 holes. That's awesome for me.

Mhen that is great guys...I am really proud of you. Keep it going!!! I also reallly like the sig Mini.. :)

I am pushing two-three workouts a day as of this weekend. I am doing 45 of weights with a 30-45 run after that every AM. I am then doing another 2 miles after work/dinner, that really makes me feel so much more awake.

I put on a pair of pants today that I have not worn since christmas and WOW..I had to get a belt out to hold them up..SO COOL! I think I have dropped around 3-4in in the waist already, and have the short term goal to be under 200 by months end...

holy basic training, DNA...

I had a good weekend...couple nice runs...actually weighed in at 192 this morning.

Resting tonight. Continually watching the diet is the best thing I can do. Seems my back can't take more than 2 consecutive days of cardio.

Mini, can you lessen the intervals on the progress charts to make them easier to see (that my progress has slowed.....but nevertheless)?

My golf has improved this season too.....due to a easier swing, I've shot a 43 two Mondays in a row now....with a birdie on each 9!

Golf this year at FF? I have played in awhile, but would love to bring my clubs and play. On what day do you think we will play? I want to get in tuesday night maybe wednesday, depends on when Shaft is coming into town, or I can stay with fatty tuesday night..wink wink??

let me know...

Wednesday night is cookout/trailer loading. Golf is generally the Thursday morning before FragFest. Thursday afternoon/early evening is setup in the ballroom if we're lucky. Thursday night is TPs. Friday we roll.

Is that right???? I know the golf is right but for some reason I was having trouble remembering the course of events.

GC Founder

...back on topic....

:burglar:

made my sig point to the website to create ur own tracker...

did a duel workout yesterday for the first time in who knows how long. took the girls for a nice 30 min bike ride, then after they were in bed had another 30 min trot on the treadmill. felt great....and was easy to do while watching the Cavs crush the Wizards :boing:

It's not going to be a very productive week for me. My ping-pong partner is too busy to play most of the week and I just started a 2nd (part time) job in the evenings.

Also I ate breakfast from the work cafeteria today. Two eggs, 1 Sausage and some spiced pototoes. My stomach feels overstuffed.

191.5 this morning.....feeling good and thin. I'll run tonight and tomorrow, and we'll see if I can toss up a 191 by Friday. Diet going well.

back to golf

Yes, as Bub said, we're reserved on Thursday morning.

Also, you are very welcome to stay at my place if you come into town early. In the house, in a tent in the yard, whatever. The more the merrier! I looked through all last year's golf pics last night. Gonna be more good times!

awesome, Mini!

190 this morning. Scary. I droped any alcohol from my diet this week, so I feel like I'm on a week-long fatty-burning-fest. Maybe last week when I posted my first stall at 194 I was just actually holding onto some extra water or food....although since then I've run 12 miles and had one weight session.

Most likely I'll be at 191 tomorrow, but we'll see. Tonight is another "out to dinner" Thursday. Boy, I can't wait to see the 180's!

PS. Bub can tell you, I was out neked, mowin my front yard when he drove up yesterday. I mean, who wouldn't stop their car like he did? Can't blame him at all.

(I just realized that 190 will take me to 9.1% Sweet!)

LMAO, I stopped my car to tell you that everyone on the block signed a petition to have you put your shirt back on!! You forgot to mention that.

Fer Real doh, nice work guys. I'm pushing myself a bit this week. Took my first road trip run Tuesday night. Mapped out a route that I thought would take me 30 minutes and it only took me 20. I was upset until I drove it yesterday and realized I ran 2 miles in 20 minutes which really isn't bad for a non-running person like me. However, my each quadracep head in my leg has taken its turn being sore to the point I walk like I've got some kind of problem. I still managed to get on the bike last night for 30 minutes and do my resistance exercises.

Its amazing to me how different exercises work different muscles. I've been riding the bike and doing the elliptical for 2 months now. Almost no soreness anymore from those. 1 day of running and my legs are jello for two days straight now...LOL

I'm not sure where my weight is going to fall this week. I guess we'll see tomorrow morning. I have a feeling I am going to be relegated to 3rd if not 4th... :-(

GC Founder

i love it because Im at the point where i feel guilty not working out. i started to last night, got about 6 minutes into my treadmill routine and work called and was tied up then till after 930. diet was good yesterday, so still down .5 lbs this morning. "should" see 288 tomorrow.