4/25 Weigh-In

Fatty

Well, i've been pretty bad with all of this. I started off well... but went downhill. a few nights out and i started gaining a bit. I guess i was too embarrassed to post my weight at that point. So sorry to all the people on my team. but on the plus side, i have gotten back on track and am down to 185 and still loosing. I can actually see some definition in my abs now. Soo again, sorry to those who i let down. I promise i'll keep up with this from now on.

• 1 month later...
I'm still hovering between 248 and 250. Would like to lose more but can't say I'm unhappy I haven't gained any back yet.

What kind of exercising are you doing Playaa? One thing to consider is maybe joining some kind of rec league for a sport. I joined an ultimate frisbee team for the summer just to help myself lose a few pounds and meet some new people. Another thing to consider if sports don't interest you so much, is bicycling, running, or walking either every day or every other to help lose a few more pounds.

I am doing absolutely zero exercise. I haven't really done any exercise this entire time. I barely have the time for it in my life and when I do find the time I can't find the motivation. Even worse is my new girlfriend says she prefers my gut to rock hard abs...so that's even more motivation gone. :P

I am still looking to lose more weight...but as long as I'm not gaining it back for now I'm happy (for now).

playaa, please don't take this the wrong way but you can only go so far with changing your diet in order to lose weight. another thing to consider is exercising even if its only twice a week because I'm sure you would see improvement in your health. You just have to take the first step. When you say you have no time, your telling me your life is so busy that you can't find 2 30 minute time slots in your life?? I'd find that hard to believe.

No I can find the time...just that when I do I can't find the motivation. Also, working out makes my body hurt...I like soft comfy beds and cushy couches...not things that hurt.

sorry dude, but if u can't find the motivation to work out for 30 minutes?? I'm confused, you said you wanted to lose weight right? Isn't that motivation? Once you start exercising, you'll be painful for a while but no pain no gain. I remember reading somewhere else before you had said when you were in high school you were under 200 lbs and in good shape. At the time didn't you like being in shape? Not to say that you're not happy now or anything. I just don't understand why you don't want to exercise cause without it your results probably won't improve too much more. Wouldn't motivation to be under 200lbs or around 200lbs be good enough to get you to exercise? I'm sorry but if you can't find good enough reason to exercise even once a week, I think it should be a wake up call for you. I know for myself that would tell me how badly out of shape I was.

What I would suggest is start it off slow maybe just walk for awhile (try at least 1 mile then increase your distance if you feel you can go farther). Maybe suggest going for a walk with your gf a good way to exercise and hang out together. After a few weeks, if you can try jogging for part of it or all of it if you can. Biggest thing is to push yourself enough that your body benefits from your exercise and not push yourself too hard that you quit doing it. So just start off slow.

YOU!

:)

(all of these things are things I have told myself...I really am the least motivated individual you have ever met in your life)

On a side note, my body build is such that I will probably never be "under 200lbs". My senior year of high school I went from 265 to 225 solely through basketball practice and it was hell. Something I never want to subject my body to again. 3 nights a week of 3 hours of running sure did make me lose weight...but it never made me feel good really (was too tired). I would be happy being 230 again really. Another couple of weeks of hovering at 250 is probably going to be the motivation I need to start moving forward with working out. Hopefully.