Week #11

Mini_Me

had a horrible weekend, and at that point mentally where you see a couple lbs back on, so fighting that 'f-it' feeling and the urge to gorge. need to get a good workout in today to get back on track, but ate out all 3 days this weekend and was not smart about it :-(

I am not happy with the progress I have made...but I'm not sure what else to do (I realize working out more will help but I am not ready to disrupt my life to that point yet...maybe I should be)

I've lost a total of 30lbs in the last 8 months...but in the last 10 weeks I've only lost 11lbs. I need less...or more...or more of less...or something.

Just don't get discouraged Playaa. Weight loss will occur cyclically. I do think it would help you to "disrupt" your life a bit...or rather, make a lifestyle change. Most "diets" never work because people always see them as temporary. The weight loss plans that stick are the "lifeystyle" changes, where people decide, "This is just the way it's gonna be". I had a teacher who lost about 60lbs just by making the decision go on daily walks and to cut her food portions in half. She didn't do this for a couple months. She did it as a lifestyle.

In the long run, you will look and feel so much healthier. And after awhile, you won't even miss the things you feel you are "giving up" right now.

I was so there this past week mini...This week has been better and I feel like I pushed through a rough time last week. I finally solved my digestion issues...ready for it...coffee. Yup I never drink coffee and friday I had a cup and WOW did it do some work, and so I tried a cup a day the last few days and it is magic. I feel so much better, not just bloated, and I saw good movement on the scale already this week.

Keep it going Mini, just push past the bad weeks, it does change...

Awesome Playaa, keep it up.

Grinding along this week. Keeping up with things during the week is much easier for me than sticking to them on the weekend. I've been eating fine, but actually exercising over the weekends has not happened. I usually end up taking Friday through Sunday off. I did walk 9 holes Sunday AND shoot my best ever score over 9, a 48, which was awesome. Although I always feel somewhat down on myself come Monday that I didn't run or do the elliptical or get on the bike over the weekend. My goal for the last 4 weeks is to actually exercise over the weekends as well as during the week. That should hopefully propel me to my 200 mark I'm looking for.

Size wise, we went shopping last weekend for some new clothes. Back around Christmas I was tight in my 38" waist pants and wearing XL shirts. I needed some clothes that fit now so I picked up a bunch of polo shirts, slacks, and shorts over the weekend. Kinda strange that I fit into 34" waist shorts and 36" waist slacks but either way I'm down a couple inches. Every shirt I bought is a L and they all fit nicely. With pants that fit (no bunching of fabric around the waste) I was able to take my belt down another notch this week!!!

Keep it up everybody!!! Remember, this is just a starting point too... we're done with the competition in 4 weeks but lifestyle changes are what we're after. As Fatty and I have discussed several times, I'll take last place in the competition if it means all of us are healthier and can make it to that many more FragFests together!!!

mentally continue to struggle and losing the daily battle with food choices and lack of exercise. :disgust:

on the road today, so will be hard to get on track today. need to get some sleep and break out of this funk.

Props to Bub, and Mini just fight it out. When you dont feel like hitting some walk or run just tell youself to get off your donkey and do it. It is only 30mins and when your done, your done. Look at it as though your attitude just came into your house called you a B@&%^, now are you going to just sit there and take it. NO...fight back.

I have faith in us all, and as Bub was eluding to...Welcome to a "NEW" lifestyle!

Interesting....must be something about a mental let-down at 10 weeks. Personally, I took this week off...intentionally. The majority of my reasoning was due to my back being sore since my 6 mile run last week. It didn't feel good and the aftermath has lingered. For me, it's the calm before the final 4 week storm.

I'm going to go hard for the final 4 weeks, regardless of whether or not I have a chance to win. I've already won. I wouldn't take the money in trade for the 17 pounds I've lost. We've all already won, those that have stuck with this. We just have to finish now. Four weeks is nothing compared to the past 11.

And yes, it can't end in 4 weeks. We're going to have to continue this somehow with some accountability. I'd like to drop 13 more pounds to 179. I'm not sure how I'm going to do it if I can't run as hard as I want. I really convince myself that 90 minute power-walking is the way....while it's less on the impact concerning my spine, it's just so much time.

Be hungry, Mini. Find that zone again, one hour at a time. Your son is going to want to chase and race and play ball. Don't wait until it's that time. Try a child-bearing plyometric workout like I described. They love it!

There's a lot of positive here amongst the trials that we all feel. Stay the course.

I say when we finish this one, we just do it all over again.

And I do realize this is a life change more than a diet...that's one reason I haven't really bothered to work out. The 11lbs I've lost in this 10 weeks (as well as the 20lbs I lost in the months before that) have not come from working out...they've come from changing my eating habits. I eat less and I eat (slightly) healthier. I know that personally I'm not going to stick to working out daily...it's just something I've never been able to do. I'm incredibly happy I lost 30lbs just from changing my eating habits (and it's not done yet) and I think that by NOT losing weight through working out I'm in a better position (for me personally).

The other day I was at Subway with some friends. Right now Subway has a deal where you can get a footlong for $5. All 3 of my friends got a footlong, a bag of chips and a soda. I ordered a 6" club on wheat with pepperjack cheese and lettuce as my toppings and a glass of water. Everyone (including the Subway workers) looked at me a little funny because I was the biggest guy there (there were girls ordering more food than me) and I suddenly realized I didn't conciously choose to get a 6"...I just ordered it because I knew it was all I needed...it wasn't a choice to eat less food and lose weight...it was just my natural reaction of "my body will be fine with x amount of food".

I gotta say, the only other time in my life I've ever had an effective weight loss regimine was in high school during basketball season (I went from 265 to 225 in 8 months)...but that obviously didn't stick once the season ended (I was up at 275 2 years later).

Thanks for assisting in my life change kids.

The other day I was at Subway with some friends. Right now Subway has a deal where you can get a footlong for $5. All 3 of my friends got a footlong, a bag of chips and a soda. I ordered a 6" club on wheat with pepperjack cheese and lettuce as my toppings and a glass of water. Everyone (including the Subway workers) looked at me a little funny because I was the biggest guy there (there were girls ordering more food than me) and I suddenly realized I didn't conciously choose to get a 6"...I just ordered it because I knew it was all I needed...it wasn't a choice to eat less food and lose weight...it was just my natural reaction of "my body will be fine with x amount of food".

Dude, this is AWESOME!!! Although you shoulda took the deal and packed it for lunch. :P

Dude, this is AWESOME!!! Although you shoulda took the deal and packed it for lunch. :P

LOL...I was sooooo thinking the same thing, but I am proud that you only ate the 6" playaa!!!