Metabolism reducers

Alright all -

Quick question - I am eatting less and working out a LOT - but am not losing that much weight.

I understand and know that muscle weighs more than fat, and I have gone down two belt loops, but I want to lose some pounds as well.

Does Diet Soda affect metabolism? I have cut back from 4-5 a day to one in the morning after I work out, but I just did that this week.

Does smokeless tobacco affect weight loss? I tried to find some info on the net but I read conflicting reports and wondered if anyone here knew the answer.

Thanks all!!

make sure your eating early in the morning right when you get up. Protein. Grab a few pieces of turkey or something.

Eating in the morning will get your metabolism going earlier than if you just have coffee/soda

Sleeping all day/gaming all night will reduce your metabolism. ^_^

I've heard: sugar and caffeine both negatively impact your endocrine system, which regulates your metabolism. So stop eating sugar and lay off the coffee. Also, stay away from Soy protein, since it increases your the amount of Estrogen in your body and turns you into a girl :D

Sleeping all day/gaming all night will reduce your metabolism. ^_^

I've heard: sugar and caffeine both negatively impact your endocrine system, which regulates your metabolism. So stop eating sugar and lay off the coffee. Also, stay away from Soy protein, since it increases your the amount of Estrogen in your body and turns you into a girl :D

Bewildered after a Soy overdose...HE IS SOOOO HOT!!!

shh33as.jpg

So whats your goal? To lose weight or gain muscle? Are you really working out alot? I mean really? If your working out to the point where you are gaining muscle and losing fat, but your weight is staying the same, then I would say that is awesome. Why would you want to lose that muscle weight?

If your looking to just lose weight, I wouldn't try to gain muscle, I would just stick with cardio.

The answer isn't eat less. The answer is eat right. If your trying to build muscle or just do cardio, you want to eat alot of protein, but if your building muscle, your body still needs fatty foods. You should definitely cut out all junk food and soda's all together. Only drink water and juice for a month, then drink a few soda's and you will realize how bad your body doesn't like them.

Edited by NOFX

We lift M-W-F for an hour - I have gone from a bench of 145 to 185 for two sets, leg press is at 690, squat up to 325, and lots of other improvements - I feel great physically, I just look fat still lol!

Tuesday and Thursday I do 30 minutes of cardio as well.

Meals -

7am - 1 piece wheat toast, 1 egg, 2 egg beaters, 1 slice lean ham, 1 slice reduced fat cheese

10:30am - Apple

12:30pm - 3 slices ham on a wheat bun, carrots, small handfull of chips and an apple or banana

3:30pm - Apple/Protein shake

6:00pm - Hamburger on wheat bun, broccoli, fruit, and some chips or potatoes

8:00pm - apple or shake

The only thing that has changed since last year is that I added in diet pop and got hooked on nicotine again. Maybe I will stop both those and see what happens.