I'm getting a Motorcyle!!!

bear^

I had a dirt bike in my younger teen years, decided i wanted to get something else with a motor and 2 wheels.

Getting an '04 Suzuki GSX600F Katana

Not the sweetest bike ever, but should be good for me be a beginner, eh?

Any riders out there wanna give me some helpful tips? I've got a couple guys I know that are going to show me the ropes, but the more info i get the better.

Thanks!

If you still can try to sign up for a rider's safety course in your area. Otherwise my advice would be get yourself a helmet and proper shoes to ride in. I'd practice in a parklot to get use to the shifting and how the bike handles then work your way up to country roads to get to higher speeds and such. Another tip is to get your permit first too which here in wisconsin is just a written test you take at the DMV. There should be some kind of mini book on what you need to know before you ride. Otherwise ENJOY!! I'm sure some other people can add to what I've said.

Thats a good, reliable bike...take care of it and you should have no problems with it, not to mention great gas mileage :D

As far as riding tips...yeah, what he said...a safety course is a great idea to make you a better rider, not just of the machine, it will teach you different ways to think and techniques for watching for trouble and making the right moves to avoid it. It isnt us on the bikes that we have to worry about...its everyone else that doesnt see us. Pretty much assume that anyone on a side street or an intersection that CAN pull out in front of you, WILL pull out....that will help you always be ready and thinking of evasive action :)

The course will also give you an insurance discount :D

(edited)

Take the MSF Course. Practice emergency breaking often, ride defensively and within your limits ! Be safe, katana's aren't that bad they are fairly heavy for a sport bike and not a whole lot of go go. Just take it easy and practice in parking lots at first.

cold005.jpg

I sold this one just recently. I want to get a Honda CRF450 for dirt/stunt

Edited by All Kill3r

• 2 weeks later...
I sold this one just recently. I want to get a Honda CRF450 for dirt/stunt

Something I've been looking at is BMW F650CS only they are hard to find and so far the closest I can find to my area is either on the east coast or west coast. My point was that there is an offroad version F650GS and it might be something you should or could consider depending if you want something to ride around town in too from time to time.