Fill er up!

Magruter

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

new bearings run me about $24 and last about a year. i'm not sure on the mpg, but seems pretty decent. when it rains, the bus gets me there for about $1.75.

i read an interesting article about the rise of mass transit in relationship to rising gas prices. it's a bummer that the issue has to hit the wallet before people look for alternatives, but hey, whatever it takes.

:D

Anyone willing to bet it hits $4.00 by Memorial Day weekend?

wait for the west coasters to chime in. i was out there last weekend, and it was ~ $4.80 in san francisco. maybe you meant $5 by memorial day weekend?

oh, and hi to the power boaters in the audience. :lol2:

I suppose you should probably include whatcha yer paying.

$3.75-3.79 in Madison.

And Yes sucks to be a power boater, I have a buddy with a power boat with a 2 150 gallon tanks, it's well over a grand to fill it up... I have not interest in burning 0.2 MPG on the water.

i read an interesting article about the rise of mass transit in relationship to rising gas prices. it's a bummer that the issue has to hit the wallet before people look for alternatives, but hey, whatever it takes.

:D

Before people didn't "need" mass transit and now when they are finally feeling it with the high gas prices... again too bad it couldn't of been the other way around but hopefully soon here there will be more involvement in getting the U.S. a better mass transit system. I hoping for my degree will feel the benefits of such effects.

$72.60 worth of premium when I filled up last Friday night, I was wondering if I was going to have to swipe my card again, since apparently the maximum "at the pump" payment is $75 on my card at this gas station.

Some people just can't use mass transit (at least not without being massively convenienced).

There IS a bus route (that includes 3 busses and 1 train) I can take that will get me to work, but it takes my 45 minute drive and turns it into a minimum 2 hour one-way trip.

Sure, I'd save money...but it's also a massive waste of my time.

Some people just can't use mass transit (at least not without being massively convenienced).

There IS a bus route (that includes 3 busses and 1 train) I can take that will get me to work, but it takes my 45 minute drive and turns it into a minimum 2 hour one-way trip.

Sure, I'd save money...but it's also a massive waste of my time.

Here is the problem. You need to move or change jobs.

Also, you freaking pansies. $4.73/gallon in Toronto.

/thread

(Ok I'll also point out that the largest Canadian oil company, Petro Canada, recently announced their profits for 2007 were up over 85%...I smell a [Canadian] lawsuit!)

I hoping for my degree will feel the benefits of such effects.
we should chat. there's a guy at school that's leading a non-profit business aimed at improving mass transit on a national scale. i don't know the nuances of what he's after, but it sounds compelling and well researched. let me know if you'd like to get connected with him.

ps - nonprofits != work for free.

I hoping for my degree will feel the benefits of such effects.
we should chat. there's a guy at school that's leading a non-profit business aimed at improving mass transit on a national scale. i don't know the nuances of what he's after, but it sounds compelling and well researched. let me know if you'd like to get connected with him.

ps - nonprofits != work for free.

hmm maybe, i honestly don't do much at "work" now so something I can fill my time with wouldn't be bad. Please send me a pm with more details.

@demoner: i'll pass info on by pm once i get it. i think he's still working on the business plan, but he's pursuing it with some serious vigour. specifically, what's your area of focus? (re: "hoping my degree will feel the benefits of such effects.")

re: mass transit + inconvenience. you've got an iphone, dude. put it to use. my transit commute is painless thanks to google reader (iphone version), twinkle (guilty as charged), mobile popurls, and if time spares, mobile facebook.

or look at it this way. a month metro pass (unlimited rides) is $76 here. if you only use 1 tank of gas per week @ $45, that's $180/mo. how many extra hours of work do you have to put in to cover the time saved by not taking mass transit? follow?

;)

$4.25 for 91 octane in so cal...

Last fill up cost me around $97. I fill at a car wash with gas discount so I think it would have been around $105 or so elsewhere. Most gas stations have a $75 cap on one CC swipe, so you have to do it twice if filling more than $75.

I spend about $700 a month on gas (fill up every 5 days or so) on my car alone. My wife's car takes another $85 per fill and she fills up once a week.

$1100 on gas... Not cool.

I get a good 400+ miles per tank in my car, and my work is about an 8 mile round trip per day... lol there are some months that I only fill the tank once.

I rode the bus a ton in Madison, and while it took quite a bit longer, there were a lot of ... interesting ... people on the bus. Gas would have to go up past 15 bucks a gallon before I would do that again. Id bike to work before I did that.