Work Out Plan Week 10!

nut

Ok fellow lifters... this is week 8!... it's time to step it up and work hard. The weather is getting nicer and that should mean more running and cardio activites! Mix up your work outs and try some new things... post up your work out plan/goals for the up-coming week! Legs, Arms, Toning, etc.

OLD Addition: We all need to make sure that we are keeping on top of our workouts and are POSTING the progress... i can get the idea of not posting... but i want to make sure we are all still working!

Week 10 wow...

nut

Well i am going to be stepping up my workout a notch this week... Not only am i going to be doing the core lifts... i am going to do as many sets as i can. Also i am going to do a bunch of other workouts to... lately i have been doing my 1 core lift and then i go play basketball, but maybe this week i will mix it up a little.

You never know =0>

Been watching some of these workout threads for a bit. Figured I'd post some info.

I've been working out regularly for the better part of three years. Before that, I had

been jogging six miles a day five days a week, but after moving stopped doing that

since I didn't have any nice country roads to run on any more, and I'm not a big fan

of jogging in public places.

Currently, my workouts consist of an hour or two of weight training and core training.

My maximum bench is 180 right now, not really trying to get much bigger than that.

I keep my bar curls at around 75. Do around four different shoulder excersizes

between 20 and 35. I switch muscle groups daily, and try to hit the gym five days

a week. I have a weight training buddy too, so we can push our limits and be spotted

without paying a trainer for this.

I also did Muay Thai for quite some time. My core is pretty solid from that.

After work I do cardio for an hour or so on my elliptical. I'm fortunate enough to be

a partner in a company that paid for a pretty sweet workout room. I've got a bowflex

xtreme, a bike, gym quality elliptical, sat tv, mini fridge and free weights all on a padded

floor in an air conditioned room.

I take in around 180-200g of protein daily, and I maintain (not load) creatine powder during building phases.

FYI, if you hate your protein shake, I HIGHLY recommend you try Sci-Fit's chocolate milkshake

flavor. It's TASTY. I actually look forward to my protein shake, and my gf's kid likes to drink

it as a flavored drink. I've gone through a lot of protein shakes. This one also has no aspartame in it,

and has additional amino acids that help the body to use the protein. It's like 230cal/serving (2 scoops)

for 60g of protein.

I also add in three weekly core trainers with 20lb dumbells: 12 squats each leg, 12 burpees (with the dumbbells),

12 pushup thrusts (not sure what it's called), and 5 minute jumpropes done twice without stopping. Stole the jumprope from Muay Thai.

Best 5 minute cardio ever. This whole routine takes 15 minutes tops.

I tend to eat around 2kcal per day, but this varies depending upon building/cutting phases. Im highly against

any aids such as Hydroxycut and Lipo-6 types, but I have tried them and found them to be very uncomfortable.

History of my dedication would be that when I was younger, I was in excellent shape. Set some track records

for my area, played baseball, very active. Later on, my mom had job problems, started coming home every

night with McDonalds and the like. I didn't realize i could even gain weight. Got up to around ~300 from 160

and realized I had to make a change. Spent the next 3 years after that getting back into shape. Had a few falls

here and there, but for the most part, I've maintained a healthy lifestyle.

You guys look like you're really doing well. Keep it up!

PS: If you're interested in monitoring intake/output, FitDay is a really nice program for this. Google it.

I used it for around a year.

fitday eh? sounds interesting, i'm gonna check that out!

Yeh. It has a nutritional database included so you can find common foods with

all their nutritional information attached. It has all kinds of charts, goal monitoring

programs. It will even tell you how many cals to eat daily in order to achieve your

goal, etc.

Pretty neet stuff.

nut
Been watching some of these workout threads for a bit. Figured I'd post some info.

I've been working out regularly for the better part of three years. Before that, I had

been jogging six miles a day five days a week, but after moving stopped doing that

since I didn't have any nice country roads to run on any more, and I'm not a big fan

of jogging in public places.

Currently, my workouts consist of an hour or two of weight training and core training.

My maximum bench is 180 right now, not really trying to get much bigger than that.

I keep my bar curls at around 75. Do around four different shoulder excersizes

between 20 and 35. I switch muscle groups daily, and try to hit the gym five days

a week. I have a weight training buddy too, so we can push our limits and be spotted

without paying a trainer for this.

I also did Muay Thai for quite some time. My core is pretty solid from that.

After work I do cardio for an hour or so on my elliptical. I'm fortunate enough to be

a partner in a company that paid for a pretty sweet workout room. I've got a bowflex

xtreme, a bike, gym quality elliptical, sat tv, mini fridge and free weights all on a padded

floor in an air conditioned room.

I take in around 180-200g of protein daily, and I maintain (not load) creatine powder during building phases.

FYI, if you hate your protein shake, I HIGHLY recommend you try Sci-Fit's chocolate milkshake

flavor. It's TASTY. I actually look forward to my protein shake, and my gf's kid likes to drink

it as a flavored drink. I've gone through a lot of protein shakes. This one also has no aspartame in it,

and has additional amino acids that help the body to use the protein. It's like 230cal/serving (2 scoops)

for 60g of protein.

I also add in three weekly core trainers with 20lb dumbells: 12 squats each leg, 12 burpees (with the dumbbells),

12 pushup thrusts (not sure what it's called), and 5 minute jumpropes done twice without stopping. Stole the jumprope from Muay Thai.

Best 5 minute cardio ever. This whole routine takes 15 minutes tops.

I tend to eat around 2kcal per day, but this varies depending upon building/cutting phases. Im highly against

any aids such as Hydroxycut and Lipo-6 types, but I have tried them and found them to be very uncomfortable.

History of my dedication would be that when I was younger, I was in excellent shape. Set some track records

for my area, played baseball, very active. Later on, my mom had job problems, started coming home every

night with McDonalds and the like. I didn't realize i could even gain weight. Got up to around ~300 from 160

and realized I had to make a change. Spent the next 3 years after that getting back into shape. Had a few falls

here and there, but for the most part, I've maintained a healthy lifestyle.

You guys look like you're really doing well. Keep it up!

PS: If you're interested in monitoring intake/output, FitDay is a really nice program for this. Google it.

I used it for around a year.

wow.wow.wow... we should work out together!

yeah i do the same... i usually after my work out cram 2 25g protein bars.. got my bench max up to 210... and i'm only on the rise. I've realized eating better and drinking more water really makes me feel a ton better... especially the water thing.

KEEP up with it piku... looks like you have no problems.. and thanks for stopping by.. stay for a bit =).

I am going to keep working out and keep posting my stats... as i go. Just to keep myself in check.