want a dropbox?

stutters

Heh. They're using a repository system for this. You can set this up yourself without paying for their service.

I have this for my systems too with a subversion repository. The extra feature I get doing it myself is that I have

revisions. For instance, I have my counter-strike files on there. If I make a change to my config, that config

gets an automatic version number. If I decide I want to go back, I can go back to the old revision just by reversing

the last change by revision.

In fact, that green checkbox icon, is a Windows subversion client's icon meaning a file is up to date. They either

stole it, or licensed the software. It's called TortoiseSVN.

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

piku - i'll pay you what i pay dropbox to set that up for me.

(i pay them $0)

heh. I was just noting that 'dropbox' isn't dropbox, they're TortoiseSVN and a Mac SVN client as well.

• 1 month later...

i've made friends with the team and have unlimited invites. if anyone wants one, give me your email address.

if you work on more than one computer and catch yourself saying "crap, i wish i had this file here," dropbox is for you.

not really. this pushes your files to each of the clients, so you don't have to log in to a remote machine, you don't have to deal with morons in IT, and you don't have to deal with sluggish mstsc.

dropbox ftw, silly canuck.

not really. this pushes your files to each of the clients, so you don't have to log in to a remote machine, you don't have to deal with morons in IT, and you don't have to deal with sluggish mstsc.

dropbox ftw, silly canuck.

Typical Mac user, blaming others for their own inabilities. I stand by my statement. I feel like I'm in an agreeable mood so I'll say that the only reason I prefer it to all the other options out there is because I am the IT moron who runs it and its only user.

Would like an invite if you still have any (which I doubt at this point). zerodamage (at) gmail.com
sent.

btw, a linux client was being built and in private alpha testing last time i checked. not sure of the status of now, but it is coming (if not here already).

Typical Mac user, blaming others for their own inabilities. I stand by my statement. I feel like I'm in an agreeable mood so I'll say that the only reason I prefer it to all the other options out there is because I am the IT moron who runs it and its only user.

high 5 for being able to set your own access. a majority of users aren't allowed to change their corporate policies, so this is the next best alternative.

but gosh, i really do miss my terminal server.

wow this is cool. btw sj, i signed up for dreamhosters a while back using the info you gave me, thx again. this would also be helpful so if you have any invites left hook me up plz... sgonzalez12 at gmail. thx sj.

Edited by aMnesiac