Will it blend?

anonymo

I say read into it a little bit(google), but you should be just fine, you exceed minimum requirements and should be able to run the game on medium just fine on both you're desktop and laptop... And even if you were to run on low to be able to play more fps, the graphics they say are still amazing... Although people have said this game runs well even on minimum, so I don't think you will have problems at all...

Also I hope you're picking up the game because you want to and not because certain people have been nagging at you for the day about it...hehe... Although it sounds like you really want to play so I will prolly see you around...

Also this site uses IE, so I don't know if it works or not, but you can scan you're computer and rate it with a game to see how it matches up http://gameadvisor.futuremark.com/

Edited by DragonFire

Ya thats what happened with DNA... I disappeared from my ps3 after buying GTA 4 and adding him to my buddies and he wondered what happened. Now he bought AoC and started playing the game too... Boiler will miss you so much he will do the same thing :D

Nooooo!

I has a sad. :(

At least you're not starting WoW, then I would disown you and leave you out of the will.

I know nothing about AoC, but I'm guessing it's pretty awesome and I would enjoy it. I just don't have the time to get involved in that type of game, for better or worse.

My 360 and I will be lonely, but I take heart in knowing this: I found a thread from late '06/early '07 where you were pining for a Wii and even mentioned you were getting one at some point. Since this obviously never happened it's possible AoC will have the same fate :D

Guess I'll just have to catch you guys in CS (if you will still play it :P)

Ok, here are two relevant thoughts:

1. Play it on your laptop. Pretty significant performance boost because of the processor, slight boost from vid card.

2. It's nearing the time for you to put that PC out to pasture and build it a newer/faster friend :D

Dragon, have fun with Anonymo in AoC. Just so you know, he needs to be walked 2-3 times per day but is OK to be left loose while you're at work. He eats a fair amount, but isn't too particular about brand - just pick something that will be good for his coat and have some Canadian whiskey handy. If you must get him wet to take a bath, just remember to never ever feed him after midnight.

Nooooo!

I has a sad. :(

At least you're not starting WoW, then I would disown you and leave you out of the will.

I know nothing about AoC, but I'm guessing it's pretty awesome and I would enjoy it. I just don't have the time to get involved in that type of game, for better or worse.

My 360 and I will be lonely, but I take heart in knowing this: I found a thread from late '06/early '07 where you were pining for a Wii and even mentioned you were getting one at some point. Since this obviously never happened it's possible AoC will have the same fate :D

Guess I'll just have to catch you guys in CS (if you will still play it :P)

Ok, here are two relevant thoughts:

1. Play it on your laptop. Pretty significant performance boost because of the processor, slight boost from vid card.

2. It's nearing the time for you to put that PC out to pasture and build it a newer/faster friend :D

Dragon, have fun with Anonymo in AoC. Just so you know, he needs to be walked 2-3 times per day but is OK to be left loose while you're at work. He eats a fair amount, but isn't too particular about brand - just pick something that will be good for his coat and have some Canadian whiskey handy. If you must get him wet to take a bath, just remember to never ever feed him after midnight.

Rofl thanks for the tips... Hehe I think Anonymo can hold his own, but if he does need a walk here and there I'll make sure to hand the leash over to Unclean or possibly even Voodoo, I think one of those guys are better fit for that type of a situation... And Boiler I'm sure Anonymo will play GTA 4 or whatever game you 2 play together again because he just can't stay away from you forever :)

I mean its not like you only have to play one game... Also I haven't really played another game except one night(customs and stayed just for 2 maps or so) of CS since I've started this game so that shows how much truth there is to my words...hehe...

Agreed, go with your laptop for now. That will run the game for sure.

And in case you haven't heard, the install takes forever... and takes up something like 18GB. As soon as you get into the game, you'll see why. :)

Agreed, go with your laptop for now. That will run the game for sure.

And in case you haven't heard, the install takes forever... and takes up something like 18GB. As soon as you get into the game, you'll see why. :)

Well it's going on my desktop because my 80gig HD currently in the laptop is 80% MP3s and Wavs for DJing (the intended use of said laptop)

Yes this install is taking forever...and it says it uses 32gigs :erm:

I meet the minimun requirements no problem so hopefully it won't be an issue...only COD4 doesn't run that great (hate that game on low settings lol) on this machine...Hellgate and other seem to run fine

Boiler...I'll miss you too, but since you haven't been around much yourself I don't think it will be too bad

Now...what to do while I wait for the install? 30 days free STARTING MAY 20TH !!!! WHAT A RIP! :(

Yeah, I knew you'd come back with the "haven't been around much yourself"... I've only played my 360 twice since getting the Wii :ignore:

way to be wimping out on that laptop hard drive bud ;)

Edited by boilersax

LOL...Now I have to run mine on low setting to get good fps even with the 8800 and the 64X2 opty, but it may also be because my MB chipset fan is blown.. :( found that one out yesterday. I could not figure out why after 6 1/2 hours of AoC things were getting choppy...hehehe New fan should be in by wednesday. So my AoC time with have to be limited to 3-4 hours until it is fixed.

I am hoping that after the fix I can put things back up into med or high, it is also running at 1440x900 WS....sooo not soo bad. Yes the graphics are still very good on low, I was surprised...

LOL...Now I have to run mine on low setting to get good fps even with the 8800 and the 64X2 opty, but it may also be because my MB chipset fan is blown.. :( found that one out yesterday. I could not figure out why after 6 1/2 hours of AoC things were getting choppy...hehehe New fan should be in by wednesday. So my AoC time with have to be limited to 3-4 hours until it is fixed.

I am hoping that after the fix I can put things back up into med or high, it is also running at 1440x900 WS....sooo not soo bad. Yes the graphics are still very good on low, I was surprised...

The consensus on forums is that setting the settings on Low actually decreases performance as opposed to increasing it. Most people recommend you set the level to Medium then adjust individual settings to get better performance. It's a known bug.

3wok - you can order from walmart online. Shipping is $1. That'd be SO AWESOME if you could get in this game. I'd level an alt with you (sorry Dragonfire... we'll all hit 80 eventually). Either a healer class or tank. What class would you roll?

now if the walmart by me could actually have the game in stock,i might start playing it. :freak3:

Ya we could get the Snake Mhen in....Just get it, and if nobody else will help you out I know Mo and I can help you from getting ganked.. :) We like that!!!

I plan on doing some time over the next couple of nights but will be doing some all day/night stuff on Sat and Sun...So Ewok you must have game by the W/E!!! :)

And D..You too, just get it and play with us.