Patches? PATCHES!? (july 17 2008)

anonymo

Ugh Voodoo could already kill me within 10 seconds now it'll be 2 seconds :( Seriously though I think necros become more powerful higher levels, we'll see what happens, I think they did become a bit too powerful now, because from the power I saw from voodoo they were just fine...hehe...

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Oh man... this is not good for rangers and assassins:

Solo monsters, minibosses and bosses have been adjusted to be more of a challenge than what they had been previously for level 70 and up. The adjustments will not affect grouped and raid monsters in any way as this will only affect solo monsters. The change will ensure that the game is both entertaining and challenging at higher levels.

We already have enough trouble as it is taking down more than one target. This will most likely double our grind from 70-80.

Oh man... this is not good for rangers and assassins:

Solo monsters, minibosses and bosses have been adjusted to be more of a challenge than what they had been previously for level 70 and up. The adjustments will not affect grouped and raid monsters in any way as this will only affect solo monsters. The change will ensure that the game is both entertaining and challenging at higher levels.

We already have enough trouble as it is taking down more than one target. This will most likely double our grind from 70-80.

But do you really do that much solo grinding between 70-80?

I'll have to almost exclusively solo grind 70-80. The only times the guild does powerlevelling/group grinding is during the day and weekends, both times that I'm not available.

Oh, and a stealth nerf (literally) with this patch:

Now if someone trips a leghold trap, it breaks stealth for the ranger.

* Master of the Silver Peacock: Vistrix now finaly gives in and surrender his teeth on defeat. You are now able to complete this quest, and thereby advance to The Black Ring Citadel.

This is good stuff.

But this has been over a month, and still no ranger love. My ranger (71 atm) is now an alt, and my PoM is my main.

* Master of the Silver Peacock: Vistrix now finaly gives in and surrender his teeth on defeat. You are now able to complete this quest, and thereby advance to The Black Ring Citadel.

This is good stuff.

But this has been over a month, and still no ranger love. My ranger (71 atm) is now an alt, and my PoM is my main.

No! My main is PoM! Copy cat!!!

Double post!

Btw, I'm still going to be levelling my ranger somewhat... just the villa grind once per night, and the rest is for levelling my main.

I'm doing the same thing at this point with my main. Doing the villa quests once a day and that's about it.

• 2 weeks later...

Actually, there are a few updates for Rangers (not in the ranger section).

This may be enough for me to come back to the game. I'll try it out tonight and see how it works. If I get disconnected more than 3 times though, then my sub stays cancelled. :)

This fixes Salvo:

* You can now abort multihit combos without all the damage being rolled back.

This helps stop runners:

* Combo finishers (the last attack in the combo chain) now have 25% extra range, making them easier to land in PvP.

This stops casters from hitting people using terrain to their advantage:

* The distance to your target while casting a spell is checked again at the end of your spellcast, with a 25% bonus to your range.

* If your target is behind an obstacle when you've finished casting your spell, the spell will fail

This stops the "target out of range" messages from always appearing:

* Ranged combos will now appear red on your shortcutbar when your target is out of range, similar to spells.

The last few patches broke Mez shot and immolate... maybe that was stealth fixed?

Ya no Conan for me the last week or two, I will be spending some time on it this weekend.

But Ya some nice updates to the game in general, so that is something.

Ruh roh! Just reading some forum posts, and there are two very big bugs introduced.

People can turn invisible and attack anyone, and there's no way to defend/target them

http://forums-eu.ageofconan.com/showthread...6928#post756928

Infinite stuns/knockbacks (people are soloing elite bosses now)

http://forums.ageofconan.com/showpost.php?...mp;postcount=65

Since now the combo dmg/effect is not reverted when you cancel it in the middle or so, stun and knockback can be abused to hell and back.

Tested it already and things look like this:

You start stun combo (let's say, stunning punch X) and cancel it before last hit. Effect? Stun is applied and there is no cooldown on skill. Same goes for knockback skills. This gives infinite stun/knockback possibilties. Tested it in PVE and works as described. I was able to stun kill mob.

Of course, in PVP, players will get immunity after being stunned/knockbacked, but group pvp will suffer incredibly from that.

Hot fix needed asap.

EDIT: Just did tests with dmg combos. Same thing. Cancelling before last hit is not turning cooldown on. Guildmates reporting of infinite CoSes etc. leading to some crazy dmg strings...

Cyclone of Steel works with two handers (much more powerful now)

http://forums.ageofconan.com/showthread.php?t=136226

Possible to one shot guardians now?

This patch added LOS issues which means 90% of the time Necromancer pets can't see their target regardless of where they are and just sit there doing nothing while you are being attacked. This patch supposedly reduced the DoT hits after the initial hit by 50%. So our extremely low spell damage is now even lower. Does anyone even test this junk?

See you guys in a week for the next patch!

...maybe...

Edited by VooDooPC

Are you sure? Last night in Khesh two necros jumped me... lots of minions pounding away. I saw a solid stream of little numbers popping up.

That sounds like a heck of a nerf to necros too. Necros are anti-healer/melee though. How do you fare against them now?

Are you sure? Last night in Khesh two necros jumped me... lots of minions pounding away. I saw a solid stream of little numbers popping up.

That sounds like a heck of a nerf to necros too. Necros are anti-healer/melee though. How do you fare against them now?

I haven't played yet, this is just what I have read on the forums.

I haven't played yet, this is just what I have read on the forums.

Oh man I <3 Voodoo! Your pessimism is like a warm beer on a sunny day after moving your friend's ex-girlfriend out of his apartment.

Well, I had already pretty much stopped playing after the previous patch and told myself if the next patch didn't increase our spell damage I wouldn't play until the following patch. This new patch seemed to break more than it fixed so I see no reason to play right now.