Let's talk about macros...

Unclean

Do you use macro software? Which kind do you use?

I'd love to get a few macros set up, namely:

1. Switching the skillbar with the weaponswitch

2. Using food in the inventory at set intervals

3. Combos

Hmmm good ideas!

I have a G15 which I guess I'll eventually set some macros with.

The switching the skill bar with weapon switch is a good one, too bad so far all the dual wield weapons I seem to find suck compared to the double-handed weapons. Also automating food eating is a good idea, though I'm not so sure how macros will allow you to do this without actually having to hit a button (darn buttons!)

Say you bind a food use key to B... can't you have a macro set in a loop that presses B once every 60 minutes?

Oh, and then you'll just have to bind "barrel roll" to a different key.

I've never noticed the ability to loop key presses...I'll have a look tonight.

I know some macro programs do... I use one at work from majorgeeks.com. I think it's called "mouse and key recorder".

With the G15 you get that built into the software, not sure about the every 60 minute timing thing though.

I know some macro programs do... I use one at work from majorgeeks.com. I think it's called "mouse and key recorder".

With the G15 you get that built into the software, not sure about the every 60 minute timing thing though.

Yeah, that's what I'm getting at, I know it's easily done with a macro program but I'm not sure if the G15 has it built in...thats all.

I was only half-joking about the "cheating" comment. I don't really know how to put it into words. It just seems against the whole purpose of "gaming" to script up (macro-loop) something that you're supposed to do manually.

I'm just saying. I used to know some guys that would script out hours worth of action for his character while he was playing another character in a completely different MMORPG. Just seems like "what's the point" to me.

I Would aggre but I would look at more as a time save thing, something to where you do not have to stop and do some strokes. That is the bene, I would hope people would not use them for combats, or at least to the sense that it would be close to a BOT playing...boooo for level 80 bots people.. :(

I'm just saying. I used to know some guys that would script out hours worth of action for his character while he was playing another character in a completely different MMORPG. Just seems like "what's the point" to me.

Bottom line is: Does using a macro-script give an "in-game" advantage to the user over someone using the commands manually? No. (at least in this case it wouldn't, unless you consider not having to lift your arm to push a button an "in-game" advantage, but because you can't tell on the server end, it doesn't)

Ok, I'm looking through the commands, and there's a way to set up text macros...

For example, to send "gratz" to the guild chat, the command is:

/gu gratz

or you could have a script with the filename "gr" (no extension) in the scripts folder with the contents "/gu gratz", and whenever you type /gr it'll send the full message.

Sorry for the message spam...

I found a free macro program, gonna try it out tonight:

http://www.autohotkey.com/

I'm going to set up two macros:

Shift+R: switches to ranged + skill bar 1

Shift+T: switches to melee + skill bar 2

Edit:

Here's the code that binds it to alt+W, courtesy of this thread.

currentWeaponSet = Ranged

switchWeaponSets()

{

global

if (currentWeaponSet = "Ranged")

{

send, +r+2

currentWeaponSet = Melee

}

else

{

send, +r+1