Diablo 3 !!!!!11@#!

ZeroDamage

Dang, you beat me to it!! My life will be GONE when this game comes out. I watched the gameplay trailer and I was floored. It's everything I hoped and more. I always said that even if they took the original D2 engine and made a same game with new same gfx, but new items and story, I'd play it all over again.

It's not going to be epic as other games I've played, but I expect to play this game longer than I've ever played any other (MMORPGs don't keep me around long, so it's rare I stick to one game.)

Yeah, I, too, am thinking (yes, I really am thinking!) that SC2 will come out before D3. What gives me that thought? Perhaps it's that they've been working on that game for the last 5 years or so... I have been playing with these series' since the first WC demo came out, and I'm glad that for the most part they've kept the gameplay styles the same, or nearly so, at least.

I beat Diablo I a long time ago and as cool as the game was when it came out, I found Diablo II to be basically the same thing, so I never bothered to play through the whole game. I guess Diablo III looks a little more intense and seems to have more detail, but I don't think I'll be buying it. I'm more excited about StarCraft II.

Thanks for posting this. I used to play this game alot as a teenager (because I sucked at StarCraft), and I think it's one of the first games that got me hooked on PC gaming. I remember when Diablo 2 and LoD were finished, people were already speculating on Diablo 3, but they were mostly rumors; eventually, I stopped paying attention. It's cool to find stuff like this though.

*POSSIBLE SPOILERS (FOR THOSE WHO HAVEN'T PLAYED DIABLO 2)*

Judging from the cinematic and gameplay trailer, I can see that they're setting the storyline quite a few years after the last game since Deckard Cain has a huge beard; they showed part of the cinematic from the end of Diablo 2: Lord of Destruction with Tyrael and the Worldstone; and the Barbarian (a class created in Diablo 2) is also quite old and seems to recognize Cain in that short cutscene in the gameplay trailer.

*END SPOILERS*

I don't know how I feel about some of the aspects of the game just yet. Having no potions looks like it'll make the game possibly harder. The Witch Doctor class seems a little less fantasy and more like it's based of off superstition and stereotypes. Maybe the backstory will be good, so I dunno. :unsure:

I do like that they made some mechanics of the game seem easier (like the skill bar) and the interactive environments and customization of characters (so far, we know they can make male and female versions of a class; hopefully, we'll be able to change other stuff too) could be a really cool addition (if only aesthetically).

Things that really got my attention and/ or made me laugh:

When the huge boss at the end of the gameplay trailer picks up the male Barbarian and chews it in half. (How do you resurrect from that. Lol.)

Seeing the Barbarian do the Leap move it did in Diablo 2. (Even though I never played the Barbarian, it was nice to see something familiar)

The Barbarian knocking down a wall to crush a bunch of zombies. Nice.

And as a closing note, I hope they bring back some of the old classes, like the Paladin and the Druid. I guess I'll be scavenging the web now for more info on this game. :biglaugha:

(edited)

I think the graphics look kind of dumb. I don't mind that they took the artsy approach but I don't like their approach to it. Looks like Warcraft III or World of Warcraft judging by the textures and environments. I wish they went with a bit more realistic artistic look like the new Prince of Persia is.

I also will not buy it unless it has the Necromancer...

Edit: Why do zombies have so much blood?

Edited by VooDooPC

I don't know how to edit these posts. I made a mistake in the previous one. It should say 'off of' instead of 'of off.' :(

There should be a button labeled 'edit' right beside 'quote' and 'reply'.

Hope D3 turns out better then WC3 did. :boo:

Um... WarCraft III is awesome :)

I loved WC2 and put many hours of multiplay on Kali back in the day. I was super hyped about WC3 and was totally let down. While it was in glorious 3d, seemed dumbed down.

While I loved Diablo and D2, I dunno if D3 will fly, the first 2 where made in the days of hardware limitations. I figured I would love Titans Quest, bring back that ol' Diablo feeling but just ended up a mindless clickfest for me. Ultimately D3 looks no different but eh, the kids might like it.

I wonder if this is going to be a monthly fee game or just a one time purchase? if its a one time purchase than I am for sure going to get this!

I think it's a one time deal but don't think the peanut counters are, well, counting their nuts. Don't forget Blizzard has a big sack.

Hope D3 turns out better then WC3 did. :boo:

Um... WarCraft III is awesome :)

I loved WC2 and put many hours of multiplay on Kali back in the day. I was super hyped about WC3 and was totally let down. While it was in glorious 3d, seemed dumbed down.

While I loved Diablo and D2, I dunno if D3 will fly, the first 2 where made in the days of hardware limitations. I figured I would love Titans Quest, bring back that ol' Diablo feeling but just ended up a mindless clickfest for me. Ultimately D3 looks no different but eh, the kids might like it.

WarCraft III looks like it's dumbed down but I've found it to be a very deep RTS. A lot of people just think of it as good for custom games, but I like the standard games also.

I wonder if this is going to be a monthly fee game or just a one time purchase? if its a one time purchase than I am for sure going to get this!

I think it's a one time deal but don't think the peanut counters are, well, counting their nuts. Don't forget Blizzard has a big sack.

When did they change to peanuts? I thought they always counted beans.

Dang, you beat me to it!! My life will be GONE when this game comes out. I watched the gameplay trailer and I was floored. It's everything I hoped and more. I always said that even if they took the original D2 engine and made a same game with new same gfx, but new items and story, I'd play it all over again.

It's not going to be epic as other games I've played, but I expect to play this game longer than I've ever played any other (MMORPGs don't keep me around long, so it's rare I stick to one game.)

floored.... YES!

I remember playing Diablo 2 hard core! it was soo much fun. but diablo 3!!!!

YEESSSSS