server?

NOFX

god I just spent two days staight leveling. I started saturday morning and didnt stop until last night. I made it to level 20 and got off noob island....

I knew it when I started, but this is nothing but a time waster.. I see absolutely no "goal" in the game. Sure there is PvP, but did they add any elements for you to not engage in PvP? Why would I care if I die if there is no penalty? If I lost all my gear when I died, I would think twice about attacking someone also.

Item loss should be implemented. It would stop newbs from wearing +5000 damage items and you would only wear them if you knew you were badass.

So are Rangers decent for PvP?

lol NOFX,

You just finished the game's introduction, now step out into the world!

But really, the fun is doing stuff with your guild and at level 80 building the guild city and helping your guild dominate the server is where all the fun is at. There are sieges and instance brawls and duels and the list goes on.

Also, welcome to Gankorage, in Gankorage you will get ganked every five minutes, so losing everything would be a pain. PVP is for bragging rights and strategy (at higher levels). There is a point system being tweaked that will allow us to gain point for PVP wins and use them to get unique items and such but it hasn't been implemented yet.

Trust me, just reroll on Stormrage where we are, half of this game is the lulz of guild drama and doing giant raids etc.

I may reroll on the server you guys are on... that is if I decide to keep playing. I really do not like how there is no death penalty.

Has anyone been following Darkfall? I heard of it back in 03 when I was playing shadowbane. I like the PvP aspect and the full loot stuff.

Also, welcome to Gankorage, in Gankorage you will get ganked every five minutes, so losing everything would be a pain.

I will disagree here, If you lost all your gear when you died. You wouldn't attempt to gank as many people. You might not also carry around your best bow. Also if there was a system like UO had, where if you killed 5 innocent players you were flagged and anyone could kill you on sight. This is much more fun.

The ranger class is very broken right now... PoM, ToS, Hox are all flavors of the month. You'll roll through with one of those classes right now.

Also, they're introducing a "fugitive" system where people that repeatedly kill lower level players drop loot (items). So yeah, if someone spends a month raiding for a T3 piece of armor and decides to gank some level 20, it's possible that they'll drop it. :)

So whats wrong with the ranger class? Why is it broken? I like playing ranged characters. I've traditionally played casters but every now and then I will roll a rouge.

There are skills that don't work, some are very crippling. For example:

One of the "big hit" combos (Salvo) will reset the damage done if the ranger is interrupted

There is a very high miss rate in PvP (20-30%)

Damage does not scale with the level (10-30 you'll own, 40 is so-so, and 50+ you won't be able to kill many similarly levelled players)

Pitch pots doesn't work at all

I'd recommend checking forums.ageofconan.com and clicking on the ranger subforum to see details about it. Also check out some of the other forums to see if there are a lot of complainers or people just asking for strategies. :)

Pages full of complaints = class needs help

Strategy requests = class is just fine or OP