Zoo trip for the wives??

mrX

My wife will be tagging along this year along with our two kids. She is planning a trip to the akron or cleveland zoo on Saturday with the kids and wanted me to post this as an FYI in case others might be interested.

My friends GF is interning at some zoo around Hudson where u do a drive trough thing (feeding animals and such), she sent some pictures and it seems like a cool place to go. I did not know if that was the same place or not...just jabbering.. :P

The Akron Zoo has been re-done over the past few years, and is a really nice zoo. If your kids are younger, I think I'd recommend the Akron Zoo over the Cleveland Zoo. Cleveland's zoo is much larger, and that can be too much for the youngins.

We have a family+1 pass to the zoos. My mom is coming up with my brothers and that's one thing My wife was going to do with their grandma and the kids. I'll pass on the info her that other people are looking to go.

As a side note, with the zoo pass we go often, the Akron zoo just opened a jelly fish exhibit that I guess is pretty neat. My inlaws took the kids last weekend while my wife and I were out of town and they really liked it.

We'll be at the hotel tomorrow around 5, so I guess the plans will be for an Akron Zoo trip on Saturday. My wife's car seats 7, so they'll be room for 4 others.

Wife is asking me if the Akron Zoo allows coolers to be brought in (and, no, not for beer).

Wife is asking me if the Akron Zoo allows coolers to be brought in (and, no, not for beer).

Closest I could get to the answer from their website:

2. Is there food available at the zoo? Can we bring food into the zoo?

There are concessions available at the Akron Zoo. Food includes pizza, hot dogs, hot pretzels, sandwiches, snacks, beverages and more.

You also are permitted to bring food into the zoo. There are several picnic areas available on a first come, first serve basis.

I would assume that would include coolers...

http://www.akronzoo.org/about/faq.asp