Unofficial Poll and Inquiry about a particular music video

ZeroDamage

This is the video: http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x5srlg_ju...e-genesis_music

This is my question: Is this a music video with a religious message or is it just another weird video?

This band's name is "Justice" and this album is called "Cross". The name of this song is "Genesis" and they have another song called "Waters of Nazareth." Do you think there is a subliminal message in this video or is is just a fun video with a butt-whoopin track? I already have my opinion but thought I would insight some thought tonight with this.

What do you think? (Please no debate, just discussion).

For the record, I think this tune is great as is the entire album. Wish Facehole was around; I would be most interested to hear his opinion of this.

It's Justice, they do that...don't hang out with them, you'll end up like the plush toy with the puppy dog eyes near the end.

Was hanging out with DJ Falcon a few weeks back after his show, the French (like, from France) have this weird obsession with religion and more specifically trying to warp people's perspective on religion (actually most French people I've met, regardless of their country of origin, seem to be obsessed with religion). At least that's all we seemed to talk about.

Not that there's anything wrong with it (being French).

(Voodoo, you have crossed the line with the generic bit, I'll find you!)

(edited)

EDIT* I retract my statement after paying attention the second time.

It has something to do with right vs wrong. You have a simple normal puppet that comes along sees things for how they are. People attempt to rip him off, he knows better. He gets angry at donkey burrows not being considerate to drivers. He also likes to do drugs in his spare time. Then I assume "justice" (which could possibly be religion) comes along and gives him what he deserves for being the type of puppet he is.... Who is right? Who is wrong? That is for you to decide.

Edited by NOFX

(edited)

Justice is the electro group that has brought electro house music main stream. (Yes still many people haven't heard of them)

Their album cover has a cross on it (and the album title is cross) and a couple of their videos seem to show the ugly side of violence but in a way that mocks it and makes it look idiotic. They're not Christian from anything that I've read (or if they are they don't publicize it) and they use the cross as a symbol. If you look at their video for DVNO, it's all based off of old TV/Movie intros so you can tell they're big into imagery. So to answer your question, I'd say there aren't religious undertones.

Here's an interesting read on Justice and their use of the cross:

http://blog.beliefnet.com/idolchatter/2008...-at-justic.html

Oh and btw, I spin electro house and they were one of the biggest groups to really get me into that type of music. I used to listen to trance and once I discovered electro I haven't looked back. :)

Edited by aMnesiac