Any Flashlight Fanatics?

ZesteR

It all started with the ol' trusty maglight from camping when I was in high school. But now I work with machines that have no accessible light to see into them. Comes the flashlight!

Too bright and you won't see anything other than light reflecting back at you from the shiny metallic parts.

As research grew on, my boss and I found a great flashlight for our purpose. And from there we found other flashlights for camping, and other uses.

It's become an addiction to find the best bang for your buck. The smallest, brightest, cheapest, most durable, longest battery life, highest quality flashlights we can find.

Our main thing is using AAA, AA batteries which are cheap and readily available, instead of the high end flashlights that require special batteries or CR123A batteries.

I had a surefire g2z xenon bulb, took 2 CR123A batteries. Very bright, but expensive and only lasted 1 hour. Sold it and started to find Fenix flashlights.

Here is my collection :P

btw, i just got the purple one for my g/f's keychain.

jerrysfenixflashlightswh3.th.jpg

From left to right:

• AA battery
  • Chapstick SPF 15
  • Gold E01 ($15)
  • Purple E01 ($15)
  • L1T V2.0 Q2 LED($48.50)
  • L2T ($42, discontinued)
  • L2D Q5 LED ($62.50)

Edited by ZesteR

The wife works for rayovac, I have a huge headlamp and battery fetish.. If i put everything together, I would probably puke.

lol... i know

I didnt add in my led maglites I modified.

Prob. should have used the 2xAA maglite for comparison.

OOOOOOH, I thought you said fleshlight.....

Anywho, I had quite a few when I would go camping all the time, including one that worked from a crank that now lives in my trunk. Oh, and the 3 Million Candlepower one that was basically used to blind people. Good times....

ROFL...me too... :erm:

My friend got addicted to flashlights, he passed away last year.

Really, the latest one he modded a 3 D cell Maglight. He replaced the D cells with a 9 AA lithium cell setup and swapped out the light mechanism to use a LED. I think he spent around $80 on the parts and the sucker will burn your face from a foot away. Yes he had to replace the lens with a glass one but I don't know what kind of reflector he bought.

Personally I us a $1 flashlight.

I like my flash light i bought a few years ago. I have a Stanley MaxLife 369. it has a total of 6 LED's which can be setup to use only 1 or have 3 or all 6 on at once. It uses 9 AA Batteries. If you only use the 1 LED setting, the batteries will last for 1000 hours of light. 3 LEDs, i think was around 800 hours and all 6 goes to 700 or 600 hours, but still that's great so I don't have to replace batteries often.

Edited by Bermudian