Canceling my sub

anonymo

I just canceled my account yesterday haha... If people start to play it again I'll think about signing back up... Also all that new content might be fun, but it wouldn't be fun alone... Everytime I log on nowadays noone is on in our guild and its not fun, so I'm paying for a game I'm not having fun in...don't like that... Anyway if new content does eventually happen and people start logging on again, I definitely will be back! Also I have until the 26th to play, that is when my game time will end...

Edited by DragonFire

Well, if you guys are cancelling, why should I stay around? :/

If you guys are interested, I say we all exchange login information. Want to check out the ranger class? I'd like to check out high level PoM and assassin classes. :) We could get on vent and explain stuff, and then have one final huzzah.

Thanks for that offer Unclean, but I love my assassin, that is definitely not why I'm leaving... And I really don't want to check out any other classes, I checked out the necromancer with Voodoo's account and thought that I was glad I chose an assassin, way too many spells and stuff to try to figure out... I don't have the time much anymore anyway... If you want Unclean, I think I'm gonna be checking out Darkfall(after a few months of it being out though) after it comes out so I don't play a mmo that will die out eventually... It sounds more unique, and our guild is all for it, well that game and Warhammer... And honestly I think Warhammer is just gonna be like any other mmo, and prolly have lots of problems to begin with... Sorry I'm leaving the game, its a great game, but not enough people want to stick around and wait for new content...

Wow, this is dying pretty fast. If no one from your guild is signing on then why not look for a new guild? Or maybe this is

just in time for an even more anticipated MMO, WaR? Mythic has anounced

Sept 18 as the release date. Did you guys get started on any end game content? Did you all reach the level cap (80 i think)

or get tired of the heavy grind in the later stages? Maybe MMO's are not your thing Mo, if thats the case I'm sure you must

be looking forward to Fallout 3 due out late fall 08.

Edited by wayfarer

As much fun as AoC was, I really don't have the time to play MMOs, I love too many types of games to stick with only one.

So if we're all leaving who do I give my stuff to?

When I left WoW for Vanguard, I gave all my stuff away. I did'nt think I was going to

come back. When I did I had nothing and that is a REAL pain in the butt. If you think there

is ever a chance you might return don't give all your stuff away. It will be there for you

when you come back. BTW I think Shep is right, Blizzard seems to have nailed the MMO

genere done to a science. Other games may look & sound better, but they are lacking

and people tend to lose interest eventually.

As much fun as AoC was, I really don't have the time to play MMOs, I love too many types of games to stick with only one.

So if we're all leaving who do I give my stuff to?

When I left WoW for Vanguard, I gave all my stuff away. I did'nt think I was going to

come back. When I did I had nothing and that is a REAL pain in the butt. If you think there

is ever a chance you might return don't give all your stuff away. It will be there for you

when you come back. BTW I think Shep is right, Blizzard seems to have nailed the MMO

genere done to a science. Other games may look & sound better, but they are lacking

and people tend to lose interest eventually.

That's only because they've had years to fix issues, I've heard from more than enough WoW players that it wasn't all peachy at the beginning.

I've read on many occasions that MMO's are no walk in the park to create. I also heard WoW was terrible in the beggining, and Everquest too.

I think it's the nature of the beast and I think MMO's are a gamble not only to play, but to make as well.

(edited)

the PvP in WoW stinks. The in-depthness of skill system in AoC stinks. Whats the point of dying if you don't lose your gear and what your carrying. It would keep people from wearing +5000%% to everything gear(unless you knew you were bad donkey and not scared to lose it). Someone please make a modern day MMO based on 1998 Ultima Online....

Edited by NOFX

Ive never played an MMO...they look like they are very involved and difficult to play. I do keep thinkin about tryin though everytime a new one comes out. WoW just looks a bit too cartoonish for my liking, i'm sure it's a great game, but it has to be something to visually catch my interest 1st.

I love too many types of games to stick with only one.

This is Reason #1 why I will probably never get into any MMO. I like variety, and I also like to be able to pick a game up for a couple of hours, then put it down to do other stuff and still feel like I accomplished something. I would miss my other games like Gears, Mass Effect, and GH (not to mention Too Human and potentially Fallout 3) while I was spending four hours grinding to go up one and a half levels. I'm sure if all I had to do was play video games for a living then I would have time in my schedule to keep a variety of games going including an MMO.

All that said though, if Bioware ever came out with an MMO, I would have to give it very serious consideration :D

I love too many types of games to stick with only one.

This is Reason #1 why I will probably never get into any MMO. I like variety, and I also like to be able to pick a game up for a couple of hours, then put it down to do other stuff and still feel like I accomplished something. I would miss my other games like Gears, Mass Effect, and GH (not to mention Too Human and potentially Fallout 3) while I was spending four hours grinding to go up one and a half levels. I'm sure if all I had to do was play video games for a living then I would have time in my schedule to keep a variety of games going including an MMO.

All that said though, if Bioware ever came out with an MMO, I would have to give it very serious consideration :D

After playing AoC I get this weird feeling of non-accomplishment from other games (especially RPGs). It's like, why am I doing any of this if it's only single player?

Hopefully Too Human and beer will drive this devil idea out of my head.

After playing AoC I get this weird feeling of non-accomplishment from other games (especially RPGs). It's like, why am I doing any of this if it's only single player?

I've got the same thing going on... only AoC doesn't help either. My character's crafting is maxed for armorsmithing/gemcutting, I'm sitting on over 160 gold, and there are no lowbies to protect. What else is there?

So last night I hopped on a UT2k4 server again and got accused of "admin hacking", since I spanked a player, and then they couldn't fire their weapon. That hit the spot. :)

(edited)

I'll be following a similar prescription as well :)

As far as the accomplishment thing, I get the impression with MMOs that they are primarily a get-out-what-you-put-in affair, which is great if it was the only game I wanted to play. My problem is I like the gratification of getting new and better stuff and leveling up, but I want to be able to do it in smaller bites and still feel like I made significant progress. I can definitely see the allure to investing lots of time into a character and making it epically awesome, the time thing is just a big red light for me.

*on second thought, does my above statement make me a "loot whore"? maybe that's why I'm addicted to the Too Human demo...

Edited by boilersax

Fallout MMORPG will be my next MMORPG. It will never come out anytime soon, so I guess I am done with MMORPGs. UNLESS by some long shot a Mechwarrior/Battletech MMORPG comes out, I would totally play that.

[sing] Neeeeeeeeva gonna get it, neva gonnnnna get it! [/sing]

I've got the same thing going on... only AoC doesn't help either. My character's crafting is maxed for armorsmithing/gemcutting, I'm sitting on over 160 gold, and there are no lowbies to protect. What else is there?

So last night I hopped on a UT2k4 server again and got accused of "admin hacking", since I spanked a player, and then they couldn't fire their weapon. That hit the spot. :)

Did you guys run any instances? Did you reach the level cap? Is there no end-game raids? Generally MMO's just begin when

the level cap is met, though I know Vanguard had no raids ready yet when I was playing. (that has since changed) But I thought

AoC had some raids ready to go at launch.