Canceling my sub

anonymo

It wasn't that there wasn't any end game content, there was just no one on to run through the raids... Our guild kind of died, we were doing raids with another guild, but then both of our guilds ended up never having enough people, and that is when the guild slowly started dying to the point of 1 - 3(or none) people online at a time... And this exact same thing is happening to every guild in that server... And I'm not one for re-rolling on another server just to have that one die by the time I hit 80... Trust me I'd still be playing this game if a lot of other people would be playing also, but people are just not believing in this game, and now I have quit believing too.

That seemed to be a problem with Vanguard as well. Once people start believing the game has no future it's like

a death sentence for a MMO. I would be really tic'd off if I went all the way to 80 and could'nt get into that content.

No server transfers available? You could follow the server forums & see which one has a healthy population.

Excellent article by Desslock in the Oct issue of PC Gamer.

Successful MMO's are the most lucrative PC games, but it's extremely difficult to attract and maintain a player base

that's sufficiently large and loyal enough to justify a MMO's development and operating costs. Giant companies like microsoft

and EA have repeatedly failed despite their tremendous resources, and most MMO projects have lost buckets of money.

Thought it was appropriate here.

• 3 weeks later...

Finally canceled yesterday after seeing what the recent updates were like ( :boo: )

Wrote Funcom a nice long essay about the problems with their game, hopefully they read it and make the appropriate changes :lol2:

So, next MMO will be a battle between KOTORIII and StarTrekMMO (after playing Spore I needs me some space)

Finally? I thought you had canceled a long time, well gratz on finally canceling the silly funcom game... It was fun in the beginning, and I was glad to play with all of you guys, but the game just wasn't fun anymore after 80... And I'm glad I canceled awhile back, because ya no promised PvP patch yet and it just looks pathetic on there part, oh well...

I'm trying out Warhammer right now... Prolly won't be picking it up though upon its release, if I do happen to pick it up it will be a couple months from now when people should hit the level cap and know if there is enough content... Its fun right now, but dunno if its really as enjoyable as AoC was in the beginning... The PvP is amazing though and they actually have their crap together on that part...

I might just start back up on WoW with some of my local friends, not sure as of yet, but its possible...

I should just quit these silly mmos and go back to FPS's...

WoW never really scratched that itch for me... couldn't get into it. Too cartoony/fantasyish. Warhammer seems like more of the same.

Darkfall seems it'd be my next MMO of choice, but DragonFire has the right idea... checking a game 2-3 months in seems like a much better approach now.

For what it's worth, I still had a ton of fun in AoC while it lasted.

WoW never really scratched that itch for me... couldn't get into it. Too cartoony/fantasyish. Warhammer seems like more of the same.

Took the words right out of my...err...hands? It's the cartoony part that I can't stand...

Something tells me that we're going to all be playing Left4Dead together for the next few years

Took the words right out of my...err...hands? It's the cartoony part that I can't stand...

Something tells me that we're going to all be playing Left4Dead together for the next few years

Left 4Dead looks neato. I'd even go so far as to call it nifty-keen! Or even, dare I say it, spiffy? Oh I dare!

Shaftiel

Left 4Dead looks neato. I'd even go so far as to call it nifty-keen! Or even, dare I say it, spiffy? Oh I dare!

Shaftiel

Why do we still let you post?

Shaftiel

Why do we still let you post?

someone has to keep you updated on the results of mock-recreations of medieval battles.