warhammer online

Ringadon

I agree with you about the graphics - it's a huge step backwards imo. After playing Age of Conan, this game is like going from CS:S to Operation Flashpoint.

That's about my only complaint with this game so far. I played for 3 hours straight with no disconnects. There's a slight bit of lag that's only noticeable with a finishing blow, but that's pretty rare. I didn't understand what was going on with the public quests at first, but it's a pretty cool idea. There could be a quest in progress, and you can jump right in and start helping.

I only brought the Swordmaster up to level 5, but it's an interesting spin on a tank. Some of the other classes seem to have interesting spins too, like the White Lion class. I'll probably bring 3 or 4 classes up to about level 5 and see which one appeals to me the most.

Wait, just thought of one more complaint - we're not all playing on the same server! :) I hate to sound like a broken record here, but it'd be cool to play with some of you guys.

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I just got my warrior priest to level 12 after playing pretty much all weekend on it. Because the level cap is so

low the levels move a little slower, otherwise I would start over to hook up with you guys. Problem is there is

no secret my days in this game are nubmered with a large content patch due out for WoW anytime now. At

best this game can only be an alt game that I will play when there is not much going on in WoW. Mind you

that is something I have been looking for. Too many bugs and not enough effort being put into vanguard, an

incredibly bad loot sysyem with LOTRO. I never tried AoC, and I'm not likely to now with WaR.

Edited by wayfarer

I reserved two names on Heldenhammer this morning. I'm going to try out the runepriest class tonight. Is everyone else cool with starting a character on that server?

Well I'm already there so it works out well for me

Edited by Ringadon

I have to say, so far I completely agree with Wayfarer. The PvP is interesting and some of the classes grow on you after several levels, but the graphics are almost distracting they're so regressed. I have a respectable computer but the only thing I can think when playing is "Dang. I'm playing DAOC again, but it's jerky."

There's no reason for the high system requirements given what I'm seeing on the screen.

The class differentiation is fairly shallow. There's a high degree of "everyone kills everyone" and a large number of classes use the combo system a la WoW Rogues in one form or another.

That said, when people are actively participated in public quests, they're a lot of fun. When the RvR queues are short, that's a lot of fun.

The rest of the time, the game is pretty forgettable. Within 10 minutes I stopped reading quests and just mindlessly followed the arrows and red regions on the map, completing them at random.

A good side-game to WoW? Possibly.

The almighty WoW-Killer it was reported to be? Definately not. And I'm not even such a WoW die-hard that I couldn't be persuaded to leave it. But this is just not the game that is going to do it. Not as it sits currently anyway.

I am playing on Reikland for Order and Sapheris (something like that) for Destruction but I'm not bound to either one yet.

Just something to fiddle with.

I created a Rune Priest (rank 5). At first I was kinda weirded out playing a little person (nothing against them, my cousin is a dwarf). But then I got kinda attached to the little guy, especially after 3+ rank 8-10 people all targeted me, and I managed to stay alive.

Another nice thing about this game is the "full screen windowed mode". It's nice to not see taskbars etc, but still click back and forth without officially "tabbing out" between monitors.

Ringadon - my Rune Priest's name is "Nikolas" if you want to add me.

Wayfarer, I figure that level 12 shouldn't be too hard for one of your skills to get back up to if you just restart a character. Don't forget, every character you create gets all the benefits that are assigned to your account, meaning that if you got the pre-order stuff (and I don't know if you did or not) all your new startups get them aswell.

Yeah, I'd imagine it'll take about 8 hours of game time to get to level 12. Not a huge deal, and we could create new characters to join you. I'd still like to try out one or two more classes myself, Ring might feel the same way.

I'm really digging these public quests and RvR. RvR is JUMPING at night, queues take less than a minute before a game starts. And there have been a few public quests where someone comes out of nowhere to save the day. The other day a level 11 came in when there were just two level 6's (me and one other), and we were able to mop up. OH! And another time when I got to "save the day". There were 3 people there, the tank was almost dead and surrounded by mobs. I frantically fired off a few heals, and somehow managed to keep him alive at like 3% health, bringing him up slowly after that to full. He invited me to the group, and we finished the rest with ease.

Yeah, I'd imagine it'll take about 8 hours of game time to get to level 12. Not a huge deal, and we could create new characters to join you. I'd still like to try out one or two more classes myself, Ring might feel the same way.

I'm thinking of trying out a caster char soon but I'm not gonna lie, I'm really digging my White Lion Char who's at rank 9. As I see it it's always good to have someone who's ok leveled so that he can help the newer chars get up to snuff sooner (I believe that it's called power leveling) :freak:

Ring

Called EA-mythic. Server transfers are not available at this time, nor do they have any info on when/if they will be available.

Dam I'm really digging my toon, he's at level 15 now & I've put some work into getting him geared. This toon is taking on other

toons two and three levels above me and winning. /cry

Yes! Be sure to add Ring's main, "Greyfell", and mine, "Nikolas" to your buddy list.

I won't be online until Sunday or Monday night at the absolute earliest - I'm moving on Saturday, and my roommate canceled the cable/internet already. Hopefully that's enough time to bring you guys up to about level 12. :)

Yes! Be sure to add Ring's main, "Greyfell", and mine, "Nikolas" to your buddy list.

I won't be online until Sunday or Monday night at the absolute earliest - I'm moving on Saturday, and my roommate canceled the cable/internet already. Hopefully that's enough time to bring you guys up to about level 12. :)

Pffft I'll be pushing 20 by monday.

My warrior priest is now level 16. We took our first keep yesterday, that was incredibly cool. I'll be on during the day alot. No guarentees

at night because my WoW guild raids from 8-12 est. That being said, my guild has been grinding really hard on new content and I

have not been getting the call to help out and that does'nt look likely to change anytime soon. So if I'm on during those times it means

I'm on call in case I'm needed to fill a spot in the raid. There is a new patch due out for WoW anytime now, and when it comes out

I will be less available in WaR. I am having alot of fun though.