Si I guess you bought some gas today...

bushwack

1 Canadian cent per US gallon = 0.264172052 Canadian cents per litre - found that stat.

1 U.S. dollar = 1.05819994 Canadian dollars - found that one too.

So, if it's 5.35c/g, then that's roughly 1.41c/L if my math's correct using USD, then converting it'd be approx 1.496c/L. Please correct me if I'm wrong...

We've been seeing 1.30-1.40c/L for the last several months. 1.50 is pretty high though... :( I saw 1.189 near Ottawa 2 weeks ago. I should just stayed there.

This is just for the Canadian folks not near Toronto who may be interested in what Bush's talking about ;)

Edited by DarkArchon

Cause of the hurricane I guess, anyone care to explain why? I don't think I understand the ways of supply and demand these days.

The Texas refineries are hunkered down and not producing. If I recall, Texas' output is 20%... but any bad news exponentially affects the oil market. Lower supply or higher demand (or both) = increased prices.

perfect supply and demand equates to 10 slices of pizza and 10 people to buy them at a given price.

low supply: 6 slices of pizza and 10 hungry people = people outbidding each other to eat. The pizza company will raise its price because it KNOWS it will sell all stock.

high demand: 10 slices of pizza and 20 hungry people = people outbidding each other to eat. Ditto.

In order for prices to fall, either higher supply (more pizza) or lower demand (5 people) need to happen.

Right now the hurricane situation = lower supply (20% offline) AND the panic factor (fear of rising prices) = increased demand...creating a vicious cycle.

The metric system are the "Numbers of Satan." And I am standing by it!

The metric system makes more sense than SAE....we are the only ones in the world using the antiquated SAE system. Metric is easier, makes more sense, everything is divisible by 10.

Imagine that...America using something inferior and thinks because no one else uses it...it's better....pfft Europeans find our system to be a joke, and I would tend to agree.

Bring on the metric system baby!!

Sorry for the hijack...um yeah, what Duke said :freak: