I've never spent 12 bucks on a 6 pack before

bushwack

You need to start drinking Old Rasputin Russian Imperial Ale...

Yeah...$9 for a 4 pack...good stuff.

Sierra Nevada Bigfoot Barleywine style ale it is $16 for a 6 pack.

Up the ante man!

Try the Rogue cask conditioned Barleywine. It is $14 for one ceramic 24 oz.

Nice.

I'm in the South so I have a choice between two beers around here. Bud and Bud Light.

I had a beer tasting with my family... some of those beers with triple hops are crazy.... 120.. 90... beast. Had a barley wine that cost 12 bucks for a normal size bottle.... was a completely different experience...

Cool concept for a beer name. The real question is, how was it?

While it's not a bad beer I was somewhat disappointed. Some people are big in the carbonation and head department. Those things are an afterthought for me so I didn't mind the beer having a small head and pretty low zippiness. I was expecting kick or oomph in the flavor department from it's darker color. It has it's own taste though, kinda hard to relate it to anything else I've had but reminded me of a light version of a typical amber beer. Kinda like they took half a Shiner Bock and half a Bud Light and mixed the two, and when it was done it lost some of it's bite. It did leave a nice lace on the glass all the way down while I drank.

Overall it's a distinctive beer that's very easy to drink, even my wife liked it. But for the price I'll have to pass up on it again. Been drinking a lot of Michelob Amber Bock lately, a tastier beer (yet less complex) for half the price of the Holy Grail Ale.