Old Christian Ska Ban...SonSeed

I figured putting this here would be the best bet to keep people from making fun of it. This link was posted today on www.ilovebacon.com I'm sure so people could have a laugh. I did chuckle a bit too as I'm sure you will but after a while, I thought about how cool it was that this type of "branching" out from the mainstream Christian music of the time was possible.

[utube]C_uPLSPbA1g[/utube]

• 3 months later...
I would say that this is 70's. I remember hearing this song before. I always liked this kind of music. I get the impression that younger kids would like this song due to happy bouncy tune.

Agreed. I am actually a long-time fan of Five Iron Frenzy, Less Than Jake, and Reel Big Fish.

christian ska band??? :biglaugha:

"I nev-er have been cru-ci-fied

But I know someone who has

Which makes me wonder if I could

It makes wonder if

I nev-er have been cru-ci-fied

And I'm glad I haven't yet

Because I'm sure it isn't good

That's the impression that I get"

• 2 months later...

A little known story of sonseed....

After Jesus and the drummer got into an argument over an SNES game in the early 90's, the drummer no longer considered Jesus a friend..

Edited by .fx

And yet another little known story of sonseed.

In late November 1981, the to-be backup singer to the far right, Nels Landenburrow was taking part in an aggressive game of dungeons and dragons. When his warrior princess fatally fell victim to a poisoned apple given to him by backup singer, Lori NasselBaum(far left), Nels fell into a stage of rage and angerly beat on the table. Amongst his rage, a 20 sided die became airborne and somehow managed to fly into his mouth and he became choked. Nels lost oxygen to his brain for a total of 5 minutes before the paramedics arrived. The die also did quite a bit of damage to his throat and had to endure 10 hours of reconstructive surgery. When the ordeal finally ended, Nels was partially brain dead with the mental capacity of a 6 year old, but the surgery on his throat gave him a beautiful voice. Lori, who was full of guilt, was able to convince front man, Sal Polichetti to allow Nels to try out a year later. Once Sal heard Nels' voice, he created a new position in the band just for him. And this is how the final lineup of Sonseed came to be.

Edited by .fx

• 7 months later...

THE WIKI PAGE HAS BEEN UPDATED!!!!!

Sal Polichetti has also announced that in the summer of 2009 Sonseed will be releasing an EP on Arena Rock Records which includes selections from the original First Fruits album[1]. A proposed follow-up, Just Can't Get Enough (Of Jesus!!!), with more new wave and New Romantic elements, never saw official release, but some bootleg tracks have surfaced.

I can only hope they do a reunion tour... and guys we gotta find this CD quick!

Edited by .fx