Is anyone still playing?

NOFX

I'm looking to get get into a game this weekend. I really want to sit on my arse and do absolutely nothing all weekend. I'm very tempted to reinstall this game just for the heck of it. Has anything changed? PvP better? guilds? cities? what other games did you leave this one for?

I'm not playing AoC anymore - and as far as I can tell, they haven't implemented the expansions they promised a few months ago, and the notoriety system isn't in place yet either. The last update notes in the forums are from Sept 17th -- over a month ago. I wonder what they've been doing.

I've been playing Warhammer online since about a week after its release. It's had a much smoother release than AoC, and I'm having a lot of fun playing it. It's scratching that itch I've had for an MMO. :) It's very similar to WoW, but with a few differences:

1. Player Quests - if people are in a PQ, you can join at any time and help out. There's some awesome rewards for it.

2. FFA zones and Safe zones - griefing just doesn't happen in this game. High level players can't join lower level PvP zones. If they do, they turn into a chicken with 1 hp.

3. No pressure to level - this is my personal favorite. You don't need to get to the highest level to have fun. In fact, I've been trying to stay at level 18-21 for pvp purposes. (The pvp zones are 1-11, 12-21, 22-31, and 32-40. You get adjusted if you're lower than x8... so you'll get bumped to 8, 18, 28, or 38 level/attribute/gear-wise in PvP areas)

One big concern I have is that I worry that the WoW patch/expansion will kill this game.

One big concern I have is that I worry that the WoW patch/expansion will kill this game.

Yeah, that is definately a concern. WaR is a cool little twist on the MMO genere, if it

were not for the WoW xpac, I would have kept going with it for awhile. No pressure

on leveling? Don't you want to hit level 40 & start sacking destruction cities??